Chapter 4 Blake's POV (Edited)

Chapter 4 (Blake’s POV)

I woke up early so I could make my beautiful soul mate breakfast. But before I did anything I went and grabbed the alarm clock from the guest room down the hall and brought it back and set it for 8:30am, this would give me about 45 minutes to make breakfast. When I was in the kitchen I searched the cupboards looking for ingredients to some of the more complicated breakfasts I could make her. I wanted to impress her; I hoped I would anyway. With anything I make with my 243 years of practice I should at least be able to make one thing to impress. But there was nothing I needed in the cupboards so I just settled with making her pancakes, pancakes cooked with chocolate chips. Yum, the one thing I was glad about being a vampire, is that I can still eat human food and only have to drink blood once a week. I made us four each and was setting them on the table when Keira came in, I stared at her in awe as I thought even her bed head and onsie looked absolutely adorable on her.

“I made breakfast!” I chirped. She looked at me, then at the pancakes on the table. Just seeing her eyes brightening made my day. I loved it when she was happy, but I hated it when she was mad at me, especially when it is my fault.

“Chocolate chip pancakes! Oh yes, yes, yes! They’re my favourite!” she ran over and gave me a quick hug that lasted only half a second before she ran away and sat on the table instantly digging into her food. Progress, I thought. At least he isn’t being clingy at the moment… Keira thought, I snapped my head towards her. Soul mates can hear each other’s thoughts, but they can only hear them if they are vampires, which means I can hear Keira’s but she cannot hear mine. She gave me a confused smile then sudden realisation hit her. “You hear my thoughts” she murmured, I nodded.

“Don’t worry, I don’t listen in on them all of the time” a flashed her a warm smile but she still didn’t seem to relax. I could sense she was annoyed with me, nosing in on her privacy. I realised I was still standing and sat down to eat my own pancakes across from her, she gave me a weird look.

“You eat human food?” she asked, I nodded. “Does it harm you?” I could sense the worry and smirked at this, she did care for me after all. I shook my head, she nodded. She stood up when she finished eating and walked over to the dishwasher near the door and bent over and was putting her plate inside. This was giving me the perfect chance to stare at her butt. “Eyes off” she snapped now facing me; I averted my gaze and felt heat rise to my cheeks. I never blushed, never, oh dear what was happening to me.

“Sorry” I mumbled, she rolled her eyes.

“What time is this ball” she said ball with venom in her voice.

“It starts at 6 pm” I answered, she huffed and walked out of the room. I followed because I feel the need to stay with her at all times; she is my soul mate after all. We walked into the bedroom and she went to the wardrobe to pick out some clothes. I frowned. He worries too much, especially about the little things, she thought. She wanted to say these words but didn’t, I sensed she had already forgot I could read her mind.

“Don’t worry; these are only dossing around clothes, ill change when it’s time for the ball.”

She then walked to the bathroom. I heard the door lock and the shower start, as if that puny lock will keep me out. I smirked.

When she had gotten out of the shower I was in the bedroom, lying on the side of the bed she slept on, while I watched the TV. In the bathroom I heard the hairdryer turn on and couldn’t wait until we were in the same room again, in such a small time I was already having with-draw-ment issues from being away from her.

I heard the hairdryer turn off 10 minutes later and about a minute after Keira walked into the room. It took every ounce of my strength to not go to her and grab her, since I knew she didn’t like it. It might make her relax around me and give in. She didn’t want to be weak willed and she was also trying not to forgive me for not letting her leave. I wanted her to like me. She relaxed when she realised I wasn’t going to go to her and I heard her mental sigh of relief. She looked astonishingly beautiful when I looked at her; she had a plain black t-shirt on that fit her perfectly, and a nice pair of boot cut jeans. Simple outfit, it looked beautiful on her. All mine, just mine and no one else’s, she was made for me and only me and I will try my best to make people understand this.