Act one, Part Twenty-Four: New Year, New Students

Happy New Years everyone! May 2024 be a better year and take care of yourself.

~~~~~

Three days later

New York City is covered with lights and music. Skies are filled with fireworks as they blast in the night sky and explode with colors. The streets are filled with New York citizens holding sparklers and dancing around. It's only ten more minutes till the New Year arrives. Tonight is New Year's Eve, and tomorrow is New Year's Day. So, there is no work till tomorrow, and everyone is staying up till midnight. Even the turtles are staying up past midnight to witness the New Year.

Speaking of the turtles, the girls and Julian are in the living room down in the lair. Ginny and Julian sit on the couch as Nina and Judi sit on the floor. So much has happened in the past four months, but it felt like a year past here with the turtles. They all laughed while sharing their stories and enjoying their time together while the boys searched for EDF locations.

"Wow. The new year has come." Julian smiled. "Feels like it has been years since we've lived here."

Ginny nodded. "I know what you mean. The last months with the turtles have been great." She acknowledged. "I'm starting to feel like I can finally be my age again." She smiled.

"And I am remembering my new memories." Judi grinned happily, lying on the ground on her torso while kicking her legs and placing her head on her arms. "Spending time with Mikey has been the best in my life!" She sighed happily and was lovestruck.

"Sis, I'm still here." Julian cleared his throat, hinting he was still here and would keep looking after her.

"Uh.." Judi blushed in embarrassment. She chuckled nervously. "Sorry, bro."

Julian smiled down at her. "You're alright, sis."

"Nina, how are you feeling?" Ginny asked Nina; she was pretty quiet during the conversation.

Nina huffed out, thinking it over in her mind. "I am going through some emotional anxiety and trying hard not to think of my parents." She answered honestly. Then she softly smiled. "But other than that, I feel pretty good not living in fear."

"Yay! No more Miss Moody Faces!!" Judi cheered. That only made Nina roll her eyes with a smile. Her optimistic energy was quite noticeable.

Julian looked at the med-bay. "You think that girl, Primrose, will wake up this year?" He questioned.

"I sure hope so. She's in that coma for four months." Ginny implied. "I'm surprised she is still breathing, and her heart is still beating."

"Most patients that have been in a coma have woken up over a month or two," Nina explained to them. "Hers is very unusual; it takes a miracle to help her wake up."

"I hope you are right, Nina," Julian frowned.

"I am. And I should know." Nina nodded. Her days spent in the hospital have given her some knowledge of how doctors treat their patients, and she has been around a coma patient once.

Judi then frowned, with something in mind. "So, what are we gonna do for this year?" She asked her question. "Move somewhere else in the sewers?"

Ginny thought it over in her head. The last four months with the turtles have been challenging and great, but they can't stay here forever and take up their space. They would need a place of their own to live, and they aren't much welcome now back on the surface. "Well, I don't mind living here with the boys, but we can't live here forever in the sewers." She gave her answer. "And I know we can't go back to our old life. There are people up there that will kill us if they look at us."