Act one, Part Twenty-Two: A Missing Yokai

The next day

Donnie and Raph both stand on top of a building, Donnie looking through his goggles while Raph uses binoculars to look down the streets. So far, only humans are passing by each other and all in this merry way after yesterday's holiday.

After Donnie returned to the lair with Draxum's laptop yesterday and couldn't find Draxum in his home, it worried the team, April, and Splinter. Their friend is gone and missing. So the next day, they spend all morning looking for Draxum and looking for any trance of his whereabouts. But so far, none. The team split up to cover more ground; they are not giving up on finding their creator/enemy/ally/father.

A portal opens behind Donnie and Raph, and walking out are Leo and Mikey. And by the look on their face, they are empty-handed. It was close to evening, and they had spent the whole day looking for Draxum.

"He's not anywhere in New York," Leo informed them.

"He's not at his job either," April spoke through Donnie's wristband, on speaker. "The principal said he never showed up for work."

Raph sighed. Even no longer the leader, felt a hint of disappointment. "Keep us updated, April. We'll keep looking." He commanded. After that, Donnie hung up on April.

"Maybe he's in the Hidden City!" Mikey suggested, freaking out. "It could have been those guards with the dogs!!"

Donnie put his goggles back on top of his head. "Not quite sure." He denied it. Draxum never set foot back in the Hidden City, not even before the Shredder came.

But Leo activated another portal that led to the Hidden City. "Can't hurt to try." He shrugged. "We're running out of area to search." He added.

The three looked at each other; Leo does have a point. They searched all over New York and found none. So their best bet is to go to the Hidden City and be sure. So, with no choice, they each jumped through the portal.

In the Hidden City, the mystic City under New York. Land of the Yokais. The City has grown much more significant in a year after the invasion. Some from other countries have moved here, and with the population growing, everyone has to build more places for them to stay. From Witch Town to the docks, what once was a hidden sanctuary becomes a whole new world.

A portal opened in between allies, and out came the turtles as they landed on the ground. Raph motioned them to split up and ask around. One by one, they all asked some of the yokai if they had any leads on Draxum.

The little elf from the pawn shop. "Nope. Haven't seen him."

The goat man was sitting on the street. "Isn't he the purple guy with those gargoyles? Can't say I met him."

A vast wolf next to the fisher market. "You gonna pay me?"

A red-haired witch with glasses is in Witch Town. "Who?"

A Yokai police officer in the police station. "You mean he's been captured? Damn it! There goes my bonus!!"

After a few interrogations, the turtles meet back in the same alley with the portal still open. From the look on their faces, none of the yokai here haven't ever spoken about Draxum or know of him. So he is marked clean here.

"Well, these yokai haven't been much help." Leo huffed out.

"Maybe it's one of our villains!!" Mikey suggested.

Raph hummed, thinking about it. "Hmm." He then nodded. "Let's do it!!"

The turtles all jumped back into the portal, and it vanished with them, taking them back to the surface of New York. Once they all headed back, they started asking each villain they knew was close to Draxum in the past.