Chapter 21- [Promotion]

A 3.9k chapter for you all :) I'm so glad that the previous chapter was so well received, it really pushed a lot of the narrative and scenes for this chapter ^-^

A reminder, I post almost daily on my Twitter: xStrawberryJam_ , So go check that out if you want polls and updates of how the next chapter is going.

Also, Intimacy-Additions is going to be updated approx once a week with background, past and future scenes, and has a new update as of a week ago, so go check that out if you want :)

=================================

1st October 1998- Thursday

Harry awoke the next morning feeling stiff and sore, wincing with every shift, but wholly satisfied. He allowed a pleased grin to grow on his face as he stared up at the decorated ceiling, covered in intertwining snakes and vines.

When Thomas saw his smile, he snorted, seeming mightily entertained from his spot next to him, looking as ruffled as Harry felt with tussled hair and blemishes covering his upper body. Harry felt flustered at the sight, knowing that those who helped the Emperor change would see his handiwork and know exactly what they had done. Not that they didn't, anyway. The Emperor had announced his intentions quite clearly in front of the entire Court, which Harry was torn about. It was good to be seen to have the Emperor's attention from a standing perspective, but this now left him vulnerable to jealous retaliation, which he had yet to face in any severity. Harry would have to deal with it, somehow.

The Emperor hummed, drawing his attention. His lip quirked up. "You seem pleased, my Noble." He drawled as he stared up at Harry lazily, tracing his features with lidded, red eyes. It was a soft sort of observance, unlike the piercing, assessing stares he was usually exposed to, and Harry melted slightly.

"I got my way, of course, I am pleased." Harry honestly replied, basking in the amused laugh he received for it. This was nice, simply talking to one another in the private comfort of the Emperor's Palace, where no one would dare to make a scene. It almost made their circumstance seem normal. However, Harry knew that he'd soon have to face the harsh reality of what he'd brought upon himself by so eagerly accepting the Emperor's invitation. He could have refused at any time, that would have been noted and hoped for by the others, but he'd chosen not to. He never would have, this is what he'd been aiming for.

"Of course, although, may I remind you that I also got mine?"

Unthinkingly, Harry shoved him in the shoulder playfully, freezing when his actions registered. "My apologies!" He sat hurriedly, ignoring the pain that twinged up his spine from the harsh movement.

Thomas waved him up as he attempted to clamber out of the bed to bow, simply dragging him closer with a huff. "None of that, now. It was in jest. I am more lenient with my concubines than is rumoured outside of the Court, as you know."

Harry went still in his arms, holding his breath as the Emperor relaxed back into the pillows. "Your Majesty?" He breathed hesitantly.

"Hm?"

"Don't you need to be awake for your meetings?"

The man huffed, looking over at him with an irked stare, tutting as he sat up and climbed gracefully out of the bed, and Harry blushed at his naked form, turning his head as Thomas slipped on a robe. "I suppose I do, unfortunately, as much as I want to stay." Harry hesitantly looked back at him, meeting the man's stare head-on as he tied the robe closed. "You may stay here until the morning meeting begins. I will request for your maids to bring clothes here and dress you."

"Thank you, Your Majesty." He dipped his head in a shallow bow.

"None of that." He waved his hand flippantly. "I won't have you kicked out of my room after I've so thoroughly ravished you, hm?"