𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Začít od začátku

"Yes!" she exclaimed, and Jeremy chuckled at her. Bonnie shot them a look that told them to shut up, and they did. The brunette girl just stood there with a smile, though because the gun made her feel really badass.

"Are you ready?" the Bennett girl questioned the Gilbert boy, and when they nodded, she got started. She took a knife and cut open his outstretched hand, allowing the drops to fall on the paper. He winced in pain as the knife sunk into his skin. It looked like she cut a lot more than she needed, but who was Charlie to question her actions? She then started focusing and chanting under her breath. As she did that, the blood on the map started moving before settling in one spot. The Lockwood girl was in complete awe because she had never seen the spell done before. "There. She's there."

Jeremy furrowed his eyebrows. "That's three hundred miles away."

"No, Bonnie. We need a more exact location than that." Stefan shook his head, not accepting what they got.

"Dude, I don't see you cutting people open and doing witchy stuff," the werewolf responded to him, defending her friend. "Beggars can't be choosers."

Bonnie smiled at her gratefully before shrugging at the Salvatore man in reply. "Thanks, Char. Plus, that's as close as I can get."

"We can map it," the brunette boy suggested, looking up at them. "Aerial view will show us what's around there, help us narrow down the area. "

The Lockwood girl's eyes widened when she realized that it was actually a good suggestion. "Wow, Gilbert. That's actually not an awful idea. Who knew you could be so smart?"

"Shut up," he muttered, playfully glaring at her.

"All right, Jeremy, that's perfect," Stefan told him, pointing at him before standing up from where he was leaning over and walking over to the door determinedly. "Call me with whatever you find."

The Gilbert boy, who had a cloth on his hand to stop the bleeding, ran over to him to join him. "No, no, I'm coming with you."

"No, Jeremy, you're not," the vampire shut him down, and they continued to discuss in lowered voices. Both of the females could hear what they were saying, but they were both distracted when a drop of blood landed on the map that was not Jeremy's because he was all the way over next to Stefan. Charlie looked up to see Bonnie wiping her knows, and she furrowed her eyebrows.

The brunette boy insisted, "Well, you can't go alone."

"He's not," Damon announced, opening the door to the classroom as he stepped inside. He gestured for his brother to start moving because wherever they were going was about five hours away. "Let's go."

"You're coming with me?" the younger Salvatore asked with raised eyebrows, so clearly, he did not know that the other man was coming with him.

The older brother nodded like it was obvious. "It's Elena."

☾❄☽

"WHAT DID YOU DO?" CHARLIE EXCLAIMED. She had just arrived at the Gilbert residence because while Bonnie and Jeremy were looking up the aerial view of the area, Bonnie had done something and passed out. The Gilbert boy brought the werewolf to his room, and there, on the bed, was the unconscious Bennett girl.

He rolled his eyes and threw his hands up in the air as he responded, "I didn't do anything!"

"Well, she didn't just pass out, did she? What drugs did you give her?" she questioned, glancing around the room to check for any signs of drugs and smelling for weed.

"I didn't drug her," he insisted, running a hand through his hair in frustration. "She was trying to do this spell to send Elena a message somehow, and then her nose started bleeding and she passed out."

All of a sudden, Bonnie gasped as she woke up, and the two that were arguing stopped and whipped their heads toward her. Jeremy quickly grabbed the cup of fresh water on his dresser and handed it to her. "Here, drink this." She took it, shooting him a grateful smile before taking a couple of sips.

"What happened? You scared the hell out of us," the Lockwood questioned, sitting down next to her friend on the bed with a concerned expression.

Jeremy nodded in confirmation. "Yeah, Charlie thought I drugged you."

"He didn't," the witch assured her female friend with a slight chuckle before answering her previous question. "And it's nothing. I've been doing a lot of magic lately. It wears me down."

"When I'm worn down, I take a nap. You were...you were unconscious," the Gilbert boy breathed out as if she was not aware of that fact.

Bonnie shrugged. "Witchcraft has its limits. If I push too hard, it pushes back."

"How do you know all this?" Charlie questioned with raised eyebrows because she definitely did not know that much about witches. "Is there, like, some online witch hotline or something?" The Bennett girl then motioned to the grimoire beside her.

"It's all in here. It's like a reminder that I'm not invincible. Please...don't...don't tell anyone because it's a weakness and I don't want certain people to know that," she explained to them, causing them to frown because she seemed really down about that fact. The Lockwood girl did not know why, though, because Bonnie seemed pretty indestructible to her, even without her powers.

Jeremy replied, "By certain people, you mean Damon."

"I mean anyone that can hurt me," she corrected, looking down at her lap like she was ashamed.

"Hey," the brunette girl said, grabbing her friend's chin and forcing her to look up at her and look her in the eyes. "The Bonnie Bennett I know can't be hurt, okay? Not the witch, the person. She's fearless and indestructible, and I always hope that some day, I could be like her. Besides, we won't tell anyone, right, Jer?"

He nodded, and the witch could not help but smile at the girl's words. The smile dropped as she informed them, "It's hard, you know? My Grams is gone and my dad, he doesn't want to know about what I am. He hasn't since my mom left. I'm all alone in this."

"That's how I feel a lot of the time, alone," Jeremy let her know, telling her that she was not alone. Then, he questioned, taking about the message that she sent Elena, "You think that worked?"

"I have no idea."

It did, and a couple hours later, Stefan called to tell them that they had found where Elena was being held and that they had rescued her. Apparently, she had been kidnapped by some vampires so that they could trade her for their freedom and give her to some really really old guy that wanted her for some probably very weird reason. They killed him, though, and Elena was returned safe and sound.

Little did they know that their interactions with the really really old guy were far from over.