"Y-Yeah." She finally looked up at me. "I'm just nervous about tonight. You know how your mom is. And Klay hasn't picked up his phone since you punched him. I just don't want any drama tonight."

"It's okay. I got you. I won't let her disrespect you." I grabbed her hands and she visibly relaxed. I can't help but notice that she's still wearing the promise ring I gave her. I might still have a chance.

"Thank you." She said abruptly.

"For what?"

"For being here for me, even though I don't deserve it. I know you're going through your own struggles with the divorce, but you always make time for us. Seriously, I can't thank you enough." Alani have me warm smile which I gladly retuned.

"I'm just doing my job."

"I have a gift for you." Alani excitedly skimmed through her purse. "It's not as grand as the gifts you've given me but I think you'll love it regardless."

"Is it popcorn?"

Alani chuckled. "No, but it might be better than that, though." She placed a big red box in front of me. I open the box to reveal a sliver necklace with all the kids names on.

"This is incredible." I took the jewellery out of the case and Alani helped me put it on.

"It looks good on you. I just don't know about those pants though." Her eyes scanned my outfit.

"What's wrong with my pants?"

"It doesn't go with your outfit." She shrugged. "It looks like you got dressed in the dark."

"This is fashion." I defended myself.

"No, the fuck it's not. You're wearing stripped pants, Wardell!"

"What do you know about fashion?"

"Nigga, I'm literally a fashion designer!"

"Well, you gon have to rethink your career because I look good. Look at what you got on." I examined her outfit and I was struggling to find anything wrong with it. She always looked good. Being pregnant only made her get finer.

"Cat got ya tongue? I might release a new collection of clothes dedicated to you and your dad like sense of style." She continued to tease my fashion sense. Most of the time my stylist helps me with my outfits. I just didn't have the time to call him up, so I just worked with what I had in my closet.

I kissed my teeth. "Whatever, Ally. The game is about to start." I changed the subject as we walked to the VIP area where our families were.

"Did you find Klay?" Tiana asked Alani.

"Nope. I don't think he's coming."

I sat next to Alani as we watched the game. I really hope the guys win tonight.

"Would you really create a whole collection dedicated to me?"

Alani stared at me blankly. "Wardell, just watch the game."

It's times like this when I wished that we were still together. Our chemistry is unmatched. We're always goofing around, never taking life too seriously. I really can't see myself with anyone else and I hope Alani recognises that. The ball is in her court, though because I'm ready to give us a real shot. All bullshit aside.

Alani Marie Castillo.
Oakland, CA.