Episode 72: Bad to the Bone

One day in Pallet Town, Mew and her friends decide to visit Professor Oak for some last minute advice since today, they're going to head to the Indigo Plateau for the Pokemon League competition.

"So you see Professor I do like to know what I need to do now?" Mew asks.

"Well Mew, you have trained as hard as you can, despite some drawbacks.

"She's right. We have done some training and even planned a few training as well, but we always seem to get sidetracked a whole lot more," Brock says.

"Mainly because of Team Rocket," Tomo says.

"Agreed," Mew says.

The professor says, "Well to be honest, I don't have any pointers to give you. In fact, I think you trained hard for the Pokemon League despite the drawbacks, but I can sense that you're still a little nervous.

"Yeah. I am excited about competing in the Pokemon League, but to be honest, I'm also really nervous," Mew says.

"Don't be nervous, I'm sure you'll do the best you can in the Pokemon League. Now if you want to compete, I suggest you should get going. It's going to start really soon," Professor Oak says, right.

So then after gathering their backpacks along with having some of their supplies and other needs. Mew and her friends say goodbye to their friends, and Mew's father and friends, and begin to make their way to the Indigo Plateau..

Sometime later, Mew and her friends are making their way to the Indigo Plateau where the Pokemon League will take place. Their trip has taken them to a tall grass area.

Holding her Poknav, Mew says, "Seems like this place is a shortcut to the Indigo Plateau."

"Seems kind of hard to walk on to me," Misty says.

"I wonder how long it will take for us to get there?" Tomo says.

"It might take a while, but I'm sure we'll be there in no time," Mew says.

Suddenly, something dashes by Mew and her friends in the tall grass, making the group come to a halt.

"What was that?" Mew wonders.

Just then, a figure leaps out of the tall grass and into the air. Then lands in front of them. A short distance away, someone is standing in a battle position.

"Who's he?" Mew asks.

"No idea," Tomo relies.

There, they see a young man a few years older than Mew. He is wearing a green kimono with black kimono pants, and Japanese sandals. He also has long black spiky hair in a ponytail. He is also holding a sword.

Misty calls out, "What are you scaring us for?"

"Forgive me, I was simply testing you. You appear to be traveling to the Pokémon League competition. Am I correct in saying so?" The mysterious boy questions, putting the sword away.

"And what if we are?" Mew questions.

"Well, then. I, Otoshi, challenge you," The boy, Otoshi says, holding his swo

Mew and her friends are confused.

Even Pikachu and Eevee are confused, "Pika? Eev?" (Challenge?)

"I've trained for a long time all alone here in the mountains. But I seek one last battle to test my strength before the Pokémon League. Do you accept my challenge?" Otoshi says.

Mew thinks a bit and says, "Sure, I'll battle you."

"And whoever loses this battle must turn over all his Pokémon badges to the one who triumphs," Otoshi says.