Pokemon the First Movie Part 1: The Origin of Mewtwo

Life. The great miracle and the great mystery.

Mysterious voice: Who am I?

Since the beginning... Humans and Pokémon alike have searched for its meaning.

Mysterious voice: What am I? What am I?

Many strange and wondrous legends evolved... from the pursuit of life's mysteries.

Mysterious voice: Where am I? Where am I?

But none is stranger than this tale... of the most powerful Pokémon of all.

Mysterious voice: I am ready... to be, to be...

Many Years Ago:

In a large jungle, where Mankeys climb in the treetops, and a very curious Mew watches while noticing a group of human explorers walk down in the forest."

Dr. Fuji Entry: August 16: Today my colleagues will reach the site where an ancient civilization may have created a shrine to Mew, the most powerful Pokémon to have ever existed, now believed to be extinct. Giovanni is financing the expedition. When he learned of my work in the field of cloning, he agreed to fund my research, but only if I would try to create for him an enhanced living replica of Mew. I had to agree, for he wants to control the most powerful Pokémon the world has ever known. I, of course, want something more... much more.

The Mew continues to follow the humans as they travel through the jungle. A Flock of Butterfree fly through the forest, and yet the Mew is more interested in the humans.

Soon enough, the explorers have found ancient ruins, and one of them looks like a temple. They walk inside to see an ancient drawing of Mew.

"Mew..." One of the explorers says.

Suddenly, Mew's shadow covers the carving momentarily, catching the human's attention. But quickly moves away before they have the chance to look.

Sometime later, the explorers walk inside the tent to find a glowing hair strain and it's glowing green.

Dr. Fuji: Our team is bringing back what we believe to be a Mew fossil. I pray it's authentic. If so, I may finally have the DNA I need to create a Pokémon powerful enough to survive the cloning process. Perhaps then I can unlock the secrets to restoring life itself.

Still curious, Mew takes a peek through an opening in the cloth flap covering the door. Then Mew flies away towards a distant mountain covered with snow on the top.

After bringing back the fossils, human scientists are at work. They check computer monitors, scan the D.N.A of Mew to clone it's D.N.A to create a powerful Pokemon.

One day, in the darkness, there is a Pokemon that is about the size of a child that is all alone, and appears to be asleep. It's a a bipedal, humanoid Pokémon with some feline features. It is primarily gray with a long, purple tail. On top of its head are two short, blunt horns, and it has purple eyes. A tube extends from the back of its skull to the top of its spine, bypassing its neck. It has a defined chest and shoulders, which resemble a breastplate. The three digits on each hand and foot have spherical tips. Its tail is thick at the base but thinks before ending in a small bulb.

In its sleep, the Pokemon asks itself, "Where am I? Who am I? What am I?"

Meanwhile in the real world, the Pokemon is asleep in a large testing tube covered by some liquid and has been connected with multiple suction cupped connectors on it.

One of the scientists says, "He's just like all the other clones, doctor. He hasn't gained consciousness."

"I just don't understand it. Its other vital signs are strong," Dr. Fuji says.