Episode 66: The Pi-Kahuna

One early morning on Seafoam Island, Mew along with Piakchui, Eevee, Tomo, Meloetta, Skwovet, Misty, Brock, and Togepi are having a morning jog. Even though they are on vacation on Seafoam Island, it's important for Mew to train for the Pokemon League.

Mew turns to her friends and calls out, "Come on guys, keep up the pace!"

"Mew sure is giving it, one-hundred percent!" Brock says.

"We got a little sidetracked by that Slowbro, so she's trying to make up for lost time!" Misty says.

"Toge toge," (Go go.) Togepi happily says.

"This is really fun," Tomo says.

Soon, a car appears alongside the trainers and splashes water at Mew's face. Then sprays exhaust fumes at her as it drives by blinding her. Mew is busy coughing and wi[ing the water from her face that she doesn't know a car is driving behind her.

Misty cries out "Mew, no!"

"Look out!" Brock yells.

However, instead of hitting Mew, the cars turn and they end up causing a traffic jam.

A man shouts in anger, "Watch where you're going!"

Another man opens the driver door and shouts, "Where'd you learn to drive?"

"What?!" The first man exclaims in anger.

Soon, all the drivers involved with the traffic jam start arguing with each other. Mew manages to wipe the water from her eyes and notices the cars and people surrounding her.

Mew wonders, "Hey, what happened?"

Suddenly, she hears a whistling sound from the distance, and looks to see Officer Jenny approaching them on a motorbike.

Officer Jenny calls out, "Hey! Break it up!"

Soon, Jenny is able to clear traffic and have them moving again.

"Well, that's over," Jenny says, seeing the traffic is cleared.

Then turns to Mew, "Next time, be a little more careful."

"Yeah, I'm sorry," Mew says.

"But why's there so much traffic this morning, Officer Jenny?" Misty asks.

"Yeah? Why are there so many people here?" Tomo asks.

"And how come all the cars have surfboards?" Brock adds.

"Because Humungadunga's coming," Jenny says.

"Humungadunga?!" Brock says, confused.

"It's a gigantic wave that hits the island once every twenty years," Jenny answers, causing everyone to be amazed.

"Pika! Eev! Mel! Skwov!" (Oh my.) Pikachu, Eevee, Meloetta, and Skwovet say, amazed.

Soon, Mew and the others are looking at the beach where surfers are trying to plant a flag on a tall rocky pillar, but end up getting wiped out.

"What are they all doing?" Misty asks

"Looks like they're all trying to stick their flags into that rock," Brock adds.

"They're all trying to be surfing legends, like Jan was," Jenny answers.

"Who?" Misty asks.

"Jan! He was the greatest of them all. 40 years ago, he rode Humangadunga all the way to the top of the rock. Since then, surfers from all over the world have come here to try and match what Jan did. So far, no one else has ever put a flag at the top of the rock where Jan's is. But they keep trying," Jenny explains.