Episode 11: Here Comes the Squirtle Squad

Mew along with her friends are now walking on the open road as they continue their journey to Vermilion City. Their group has gotten bigger because they not only rescued an Abandoned Charmander, but all the Pokemon who have been treated badly by their previous trainer. As they walk down the road, Mew notices that a bit of the road feels like it's being pushed down.

Mew holds out her arm in front of her friends, "Hold on."

The group stop in their tracks.

"What is it, Mew?" Misty asks.

"This part of the road doesn't feel right," Mew says.

Suddenly, the ground gives weight and they all fall down into the hole.

Misty complains, "No! Not another hole!"

"Ow! I landed on my head!" Brock shouts.

Mew, Pikachu, and Eevee groan in pain.

"Who on earth will build a pit trap in the middle of the road?" Mew questions.

"It must be a prank," Brock says.

"Someone has a bad sense of humor," Misty adds.

"Who would play such a rotten trick? Besides Team Rocket," Mew questions.

Suddenly, five small Pokemon stick their head from above the hole and begin laughing. They are small light blue turtle Pokemon with short legs, with a shell, brown on top and yellow on the bottom. All of them are wearing sunglasses though the rest around round one is triangular. What's more, they're laughing at Mew and her friends.

"Who are you?!" Brock demands.

"What's so funny? We could have been hurt!" Misty says.

The Pokemon continue to laugh.

Mew is the first to climb out of the hole, "Dangerous practical jokes are nothing to laugh about!"

On her back are Eevee and Pikachu.

"Pikachu!" (I agree!) Pikachu says.

"Eevee Eevee!" (That wasn't very nice you know!) Eevee adds.

Brock and Misty climb out as well. There they see the five turtle Pokémon laughing at them for the joke they pull.

Mew says, "Those are Squirtles."

Mew brings out her Pokedex and Dexter says. "Squirtle, the Tiny Turtle Pokemon. A Water Type. It draws its long neck into its shell to launch incredible water attacks with amazing range and accuracy. The blasts can be quite powerful."

"And those Squirtle aren't being very nice," Mew says.

Then calls out, "Pikachu, use Thunderbolt!"

Pikachu then launches a Thunderbolt. Shocking, one of the Squirtle takes the zap for its leader and falls to the ground.

The Leader Squirtle turns to his comrade, "Squirtle Squirtle?" (Are you okay?)

Soon, Pikachu, Eevee, and Squirtle are staring down at each other, almost like the old west. They each wait for which to make the next move. Suddenly, they begin to hear police sirens in the distance.

The Lead Squirtle turns to his gang, "Squirtle Squirtle! Squirtle Squirtle Squirtle!" (It's the cops! Let's retreat for now!)

The Squirtles pick up their injured comrade and runs away at full speed.

"That was sure weird," Mew says.

The group look to see the source of the siren is Officer Jenny on a motorbike.