16. LOVED AND CELEBRATION

This chapter is back to present. Continuing from chapter 14 where they started their finals. I wanted to continue writing vegas and pete's pov after the previous chapter but I am stuck so I am going to write that in the future!

3rd PERSON POV:

Finally, after a week of extreme studying and sleepless nights the week of finals was over. During this week the trio studied together like usual except that this time it was filled with a lot of awkward air and tension due to the presence of prapai and venice and the unusual cold behaviour of sky towards venissa. Venissa was smart enough to understand that sky was still a little mad over the fact that she hid everything from him. How could she after knowing each other for so many years? Venissa has literally never been so thankful for exams. Due to which she was able to avoid the cold glares and ignore the tension. It still seemed unreal to her about how just a week ago she was supposed to meet her bestfriend's boyfriend and now the same people she avoided for so many years were helping them in their studies and dropping and picking them up from school and were spending most of their waking hours in her apartment. Them helping her in studying brought back memories of how they used to help her in the past too. How she would understand everything faster and better when her brothers explained. Turns out some things never change. Her hand has almost healed by the grace of continuous fussing of her friends and brothers. She hasn't spoken to her parents after that day. This was for two reasons 1.) She has been busy studying. 2.) she didn't know what was she supposed to talk to them about? How would she call them? papa and dad like before? No she couldn't after so many years. It has been so awkward with Venice and Phoenix. She will loose her head for sure with her parents. Though the second one was the prime reason but in case someone asked she would surely it's the first one.

She wasn't completely unhappy about the fact that she had to spend all her hours with her brothers whom she was calling phi after they stopped her from calling them khun. They weren't happy about their little sister looking at them like strangers or just her friend's boyfriends but they understood where she was coming from. She hasn't called venice 'hia' since the incident and he was missing it but couldn't force her. Having her brothers with her made her a little tingling inside (which she didn't think she was capable for feeling) for two reasons though she would never agree with the second one: 1.) She aced all the examinations. 2.) it felt good to know that after so many years she could finally get the taste of people caring and looking after her unconditionally. Sure there were people who cared for her but its different when it comes from family. She would feel loved each time prapai asked her about her exam while picking them up. She felt it each time venice said all the best when he dropped them. She felt it each time prapai dressed her wound and hissed more than venissa and had moist eyes whenever he did it. She felt in each of the meals venice cooked and each time prapai fed them because they were busy studying. She felt it each time they asked her to take care and sleep well and wished her good night before taking their boyfriends to drop them off at their dorms. She felt loved when they gave her their numbers and put it on speed dial so that she could call them in case of an emergency. Though she knew she would never but the action was precious. She felt loved when they patted her head and said, "have a good day". She remembers the shocked expressions of rain and sky when she didn't object when they touched her hair. Everyone I mean everyone knows venissa hates being touched and you are dead if you touch her hair but all their boyfriends got was a nod and a light 'thank you'. She felt loved each time they said the good luck messages her parents sent for them. She felt loved in all these small gestures which had become so foreign to her. Her heart warmed each time. It felt like she had forgotten what it felt like to be cared for and loved. She thought that she was unlovable and even her friends would leave for university and forget about her. With all the warmth and love, also came the fear of loss. She was afraid that she would get used to it and she doesn't think she will be able to take the pain of being separated once again. She was afraid of how unconsciously her lips would lift up to curl into a smile a genuine smile and not the professional one she puts on when dealing with clients or the fake one with her friends. She afraid that all of this was just a dream like all her nightmares and life would look back at her and say, 'bitch you thought.' She doesn't have the time to think all this nonsense right now. 

She has the last meeting to conduct for Phi Pakin and also has to celebrate the ending of finals with her friends. It was like a tradition at this point. They celebrated everything mostly on the continuous request and nagging of rain initially but now they do it out of habit. Nothing much they just buy ingredients from the supermarket and cook traditional thai food because 1.) they do not get it here in Italy and 2.) they don't like celebrating with others.

I am sorry for not uploading for so long. For all those who has been waiting for an update thank you.