11.INJECTIONS AND BIG BABY

VEGAS POV:

I was stunned when I saw her coming towards venice. I would recognise that face anywhere. She was my angel. My venissa. But I thought she died. I was in my train of thoughts staring at her without blinking. I felt Pete pull me down after she yelled at us to duck down. My heart nearly dropped when I saw the bullet passing near her but she didn't seem to flinch. My daughter is a strong girl. The way she commanded reminded me so much of pete. I turned my face to look at pete who was teary eyed probably mirroring my own. My legs have become numb and I refused to believe that she was the daughter I thought was dead for years now. I followed all her movements from bending infront of venice and hitting the bodyguard. Pete was holding my hand tightly maybe trying to contemplate whether it was reality or just another dream. I was lost in my thoughts and asking myself a thousand questions when I felt pete tugging at my arm and asking me to stop her. It was then I noticed that her arm was bleeding and she had red bloodshot eyes. She reminded me so much of pete 10 years back on the day when our lives took a complete turn. As much as I wanted to kill the bodyguard for his carelessness stopping venissa was more important. She looked pale. As I tried pulling her away she was about to turn around and punch me but I softly whispered in her ears to let go. She recognized me and that's why stepped back. I watched her take steps away from me and suddenly she was blinking her eyes like she was struggling to be awake which lead me to shout "ANGEL" and accelerated towards her to keep her from collapsing to the ground. When I caught her she was burning up. Nong Beam came forward and checked venissa. He said, "we need to get her to the hospital. She is very weak. She needs iv drops." I asked nop (bodyguard of minor family) to get the car. Venice lifted her and carried her to the car. Venice, beam, pete and I went in the same car. The others followed in other cars.

After about an hour and a half

VENISSA POV:

I woke up to the pungent smell of hospital disinfect, invading my nostrils. The room was silent except my deep heavy breathing. I slowly opened my eyes, squinting in attempt to sharpen the blurred images before me. I glanced around and took in the deserted, blue and white colour schemed hospital bedroom. How long have I been here? I shut my eyes, trying to remember what had exactly happened. Then it all hits me with a bang. The memory of it all starts to occupy my thoughts.

I spilled everything. I woke up with a jolt and sat up straight. It was not the smartest decision. As soon as I sat up I felt a stinging pain in my head due to the sudden force and my left arm felt like it had been hit by a truck. I held my head in my hands hoping to ease the pain when I heard a voice beside me, "who asked you get up like that. Lay down you are still weak." It was P'Beam's voice. He is the one who has been treating me since the past 1 year. I am quite close to him and his soon to husband, P'Forth. I met them during one of the business meetings. They were still studying in university back then. P'Beam helped me lay down. My throat felt dry like a desert. I asked P'Beam who liked was taking my temperature in a groggy low voice, "water". I felt a straw touching my lips and I took a sip without wasting another second. The water felt like heaven in my parched throat. I realised there was another person in the room when I heard them saying. "how are you feeling now pumpkin?" it was Pa. I could recognize their voice anywhere. As soon as I heard him I was reminded how much of an idiot I am and how much I would have to explain now.

I turned my head to the left side where he was sitting holding my hand into his. He had tears in his eyes. I slowly raised my hand which he was holding. He loosened his hold eyeing the movement of my hand. I wiped his tears saying, "everything will be fine I promise." I raised my pinky finger at him. This was a habit that I had since the age of 2 and would do this anytime anyone in the house would feel blue and grey or looked stressed. After hearing me say this his tears started flowing down like a waterfall. I panicked watching him cry like this. I asked him in a concerned panicked tone, "what happened why are crying so much? Is everything fine? Is hia fine? Did he get hurt?"

"stop worrying stay still. You are going to hurt yourself I am fine." It was a deep manly voice that sounded very calming. I followed the direction of the voice and turned my head beside pa to see Hia Venice sitting there. He was about to ask something but P'Beam beat him to it. He asked keeping his hand on my forehead slowly caressing it, "you can talk to them after I am done examining you. Okay?" I nodded my head. "so tell do you feel pain or any discomfort somewhere?" "my head and arm hurt a little." "that's because the bullet scratched your arm and your head hurts due to the high fever you have. Its better now though. The fever was due to exhaustion and you fainted due to lack of nutrients. How many hours did you sleep this week and when was the last time you ate?" "I slept for around 8 hours and the last time I ate was when sky gave me a sandwich which I guess was during lunch on Thursday." After hearing this P'Beam looked at me with a frown on his face. I knew I was about to get scolded. "you told me the nightmares stopped 3 months back when I asked you to go to therapy and I believe I asked you to eat healthy food instead of the frozen microwave food you eat. You again forgot to eat? How careless can you be?" "woah calm down. The nightmares aren't that bad and I am not going to therapy. About eating I just was busy this week." I said giving him a small sheepish smile. "you give me these excuses everytime. I am leaving you right now because it looks like you have got a lot to explain but this doesn't mean you are getting a way out of it. Be ready to hear from me. Now I am making you sit up and the nurse will give you an injection. Press the button if you need something." I was horrified hearing him say injection. Its one of the few things I am terrified of. I hate needles. I don't like the thing poking my skin especially after the black tattoo monster injected me one. I immediately turn to him giving him the most painful expression I could muster and said in a whiny tone, "hey you promised no injections last time." "and you promised not to get hurt every month. You need to take the injection in order to get better." "when will I be released?" "tomorrow morning" "hey that's too long" "you've here for just about 2 hours and you need to stay in case your fever increases or the wound swells up." "but I have work to do" I mumbled under my breath but I guess he heard. He chuckled lightly and said, "you have to rest you big baby in order to be able to work." I spoke in a offended tone, "hey I am not a baby." "says the one who was whining about injections." He gave me one last smile and left the room.

          FORTH IS THE HEAD OF THE JATURAPOOM EMPIRE AND BEAM IS A DOCTOR IN THE BIGGEST HOSPITAL OF ROME

          FORTH IS THE HEAD OF THE JATURAPOOM EMPIRE AND BEAM IS A DOCTOR IN THE BIGGEST HOSPITAL OF ROME. THEY KNOW BOTH THE THEERAPANYAKUL FAMILY AND P'PAKIN' FAMILY.

THANK YOU FOR READING. PLEASE COMMENT!