2.PAST AND HAPPINESS

Present time(AROUND OCTOBER)

Venissa looked around her room. It was a one room apartment with a kitchen counter opposite to the bed and a small round table a few inches away from the bed. It also had a chair. The floor was wooden with no carpet as she thought it was not very useful. It had a small bathroom and balcony too. The place was enough for a single person to live comfortably and it was only thing a 12th grader could afford even after working 5 jobs a week. Her tuition was covered by academic scholarship. She got and got ready for gym as she had boxing lessons and practice there. It was a 5 min ride with her bike. She bought the bike when she won her first race.

She got dressed, grabbed her keys, locked her house, and left for gym. It was 3:30 am. An extra hour of gym won't harm her. She completed her class and came out. It was 5:30 am. She was about to get onto her bike but then her phone rang. She checked who it was and turns out it was Mr.Pakin, one of the most popular names in the underground world and organiser of the biggest network of illegal racing in Italy and Thailand. Meeting him was one of the main reasons she was alive right now.

10 years ago (on 5th December)

It was a normal morning at the minor mansion. At least it was as normal as it could with this chaotic mafia family. It was already 7 in the morning and Pete was trying to get Venissa ready for school. Venice was already ready and Vegas was cooking breakfast. Macau and Caz were out on a business trip. After their marriage they have taken upon themselves to attend the foreign meetings and they are home for shorter periods of time.

They all sat down to have breakfast. Venissa sat down beside Vegas and pouted. She was upset about the fact that it was school today after a holiday of a week. It was more of a leave taken for her and Pete's birthday vacation to Paris. Now they were back and she didn't want it end so fast. She loves going to school and wanted to meet her cousins too but a bigger part of her just wanted to stay back for another day. Vegas really wanted to give into the puppy eyes and let her stay back but one glare from Pete and he shut his mouth up not wanting to sleep away from Pete.

"It's okay Venissa. Your Christmas holidays are starting soon and then we can have lots of fun." Venice who was sitting across her on the dining table said.

"I know hia but Paris was so much fun. Why do the fun days end so early? :( "

"But you're going to meet mangkorn and phoenix at school. Aren't you excited to give them the gifts you got them."pete who was just sitting at the dining table said and patted her head.

"Pa not my hair." Venissa whined. One thing about Venissa is she loves her hair and hates people messing it up.

"Ok angel how about I get you some ice-cream today?" Vegas asked.

This was enough to light up her mood and she rapidly nodded her head. Vegas chuckled her already messy hair due to Pete's action earlier.

"Not again now you're going to make my hair again." And this was how their breakfast continued with lots of teasing and laughter.

COMMENT YOUR VIEWS ON THE CHAPTER. THANK YOU FOR READING!!!