Chapter 29: Miami (Part 1)

After a long drive of arguing with his wife he finally shouted "CAN WE PLEASE JUST STOP NOW. WE'RE ON FUCKING HOLIDAY CAN WE JUST ENJOY IT AS A FAMILY. No more arguing". They were all silent until he added "Jack apologise to your mum" he said. "No" Jack replied. "Do you want that PS5 or not?" he asked. "You're not getting him a PS5" said his mum. "I'm sorry for swearing at you" Jack said after a long pause. "Okay, I'm sorry for making you feel embarrassed" said his mum. "And I'm sorry for not asking you before promising our son a PS5" said his dad.

As they started driving through Miami to their hotel, Jack got excited because he recognised a lot of the buildings and landmarks from the video game GTA: Vice City. 

After arriving at the hotel and checking in, they made their way outside to the hotel's pool which even had a waterslide. Jack's parents chilled by the pool while he went on the waterslide and swam around in the pool until the evening. The hotel also had live music playing in the outdoor bar every night. Jack's parents enjoyed some cocktails and even let Jack try a few sips while enjoying the live entertainment. "We'll get you a PS5" his mum said randomly. "You're drunk" his dad joked. "I've only had like half a mojito, anyway I'm being serious, we'll get you a PS5" she said. Jack lit up. "Next year. If you do well in your GCSEs" she added. Jack then looked disappointed. "Oh come on, you should be happy. It's not like you would have much time to play anyway when you're supposed to be revising". Jack agreed it was a fair compromise. "So anyway tell me about James" she said. "What about him" he asked. "Do I have mug written on my face? You don't call your friend every single day and for hours at a time." she said. "Oh my god, is he the one that came for a sleepover? What did you get up to?" he dad asked, shocked. "You know what, I don't want to know" he added before looking back at the band. "You didn't do anything did you?" Jack's mum asked, concerned. "There's nothing going on he's just a friend" Jack insisted. "Are you sure?" she asked. "Okay fine, we erm.. he's my boyfriend" Jack said quietly. Jack's mum smiled. "And no I didn't sleep with him" he added. "You better have not. And don't let him fuck up you're GCSEs. Know what your priorities are" she said giving him a hug.

Eventually, Jack's phone started ringing. He took it out and saw it was James. "Go on, talk to your boyfriend" said his mum with a smile.

Jack went inside to the lobby and picked up the phone. "Hey" said James. "Hi, I'm in Miami right now" Jack said. "Nice, is it like Vice city?" he asked. "Yeah. Anyway, my parents know about us" he said. "Oh shit, you told them?" James asked. "My mum kinda figured it out. Don't worry they are fine with it. They did seem kinda paranoid that we had a sleepover together though." he explained. "Oh shit" said James. Then Jack told James about the argument he had with his parents earlier and more about Miami before finishing up and returning to his parents outside.