Chapter 75 Little Hero

Or if you want to call it: Tales of the Underground (Part 2)

"Here's your case for the day." The man handed Mamoru his file, "Quick summary, a bunch of teens went out last night and saw something strange in an alleyway. 2 of them came running, claiming there was something watching them in the dark."

"That's...eerie." He commented, Mamoru had seen many weird situations before. And he does admit, a few of them were in fact, were scary in some way. From disappearing civilians, to killer thugs. Heck, even the Hero Killer Stain was enough to scare anyone if they met him in Hosu City.

"After the teens noticed it, the 'figure' tried to pounce on them, but they quickly evaded and ran straight to us." The man said, "Of course, we would just shrug it off as some sort of prank or joke. But they said that the figure had a strange Quirk, that allowed them to transform themselves. They describe it as a small child with tentacles coming out of their backs, sharp blade-like claws and glowing white eyes."

Mamoru thought for a moment. "Interesting, I've never heard of a Quirk like that before."

"Me neither! I searched it up, but I couldn't find anything!"

"Most likely an unregistered Quirk," He stated, opening the file and taking a short read through it. "Possibly either a transformation or mutant class, the suspect is most likely a villain, or simply a small child."

"You got this, Mamoru?" The man questioned.

"Guess we gotta find out."

_____________

"Here you are!" The old lady, Hina, handed over a bag of apples. "Freshly picked bright red apples!"

"Thank you ma'am." You bowed respectfully.

"You're welcome my dear." She smiled at you. "Oh, it's such a shame, really."

You displayed a questioning look. "What shame?"

"For a young girl like you to be all alone like this." She stated, "You lost your parents at such a young age, and now you're struggling to live with no shelter above your head."

You blinked, "I come by almost every day to get a bag to last a while, and you sometimes offer me to sleep in the shop for a night."

Hina sighed, "Still, I think it would be better for you to go to an orphanage to find a home for you to live in. It would make your life much easier, don't you think?"

"Uh...I disagree. I can handle myself!" You placed your hands on your hips, "And besides, I heard that there's too many kids causing too much trouble for the caretakers over there. I don't wanna stick around kids like that."

Hina thought for a moment, "Well, we could adopt you."