Chapter 16 Brainless

Nomu

Definition: A Japanese word for brainless.

8:30 A.M

"Y/N?"

"Not now Eri, let me think..."

The plan isn't going well. You've been wandering around for the past 5 minutes and it seems only one hall after another. You held Eri's hand whilst checking the corner before running off down it.

You did this 6 more times before Eri spoke up again.

"Y/N?"

"WHAT?!!" You snapped at Eri.

She stood there in shock, she was no longer holding your hand.

"Eri...Sorry, I-I didn't mean to shout."

But she didn't listen to you, instead, she slowly backed away.

There were a few times when someone saw you out in public. There was one time where a small boy walked past an alleyway you were in. You were rummaging through garbage at that time, in your monstrous form. You must have made a lot of noise because you noticed him looking at you.

That boy slowly backed away from you before running across the street in fear. Just then, a motorcycle was passing by. The boy survived luckily, that is if you count not being able to walk lucky...

When Eri slowly backed away, you saw the same thing happening again.

You reach your hand out, wanting to call her back, but Eri pointed towards you...

'Wait me?' You looked down at yourself, you were perfectly normal. Not in your monster form or anything.

And then it hit you.

"What do you think you're doing out of your room?" You shot your head around to the sound of that voice. Overhaul was slowly walking towards you with his white coat assistance by his side.

In situations like these, our mind always chooses the best option it can think of to get out of the situation alive and well. As you felt your body stiffen up, your mind said one thing.

Run.

You darted the opposite direction where Overhaul was, grabbed Eri and held her tightly before breaking into a run using your tentacles as legs.

"Stop Y/N." Overhaul commanded.

And as if you were a good little girl, you stopped running. Eri kept running, but stopped as she felt you stop.