Chapter 51 Doctor's Appointment

You felt yourself fall down and hit the hard floor. You felt water wash over you, but you didn't melt away for some reason. You opened your eyes, you saw rows upon rows of Nomus.

You were back at the Doctor's lab.

Suddenly, you felt a wave of coldness as you cuddled yourself into a ball, shaking against the cool air. You were in a hospital gown again, just great. You had fallen out of a test tube filled with water.

"Ah! Y/N!" You heard his voice. "You're awake!" Turning your head towards the sound, the doctor walked over to you with a blue jacket. "Here, you're probably quite cold."

You said nothing as you took the jacket and put it on. You felt a little better, but the jacket was quite an oversize for you, but you didn't care.

"You're probably wondering how you got here." The Doctor gestures to you to follow him. "I'll explain on the way."

You followed the doctor down a hall, his laboratory was a bit similar to the one back in the underground. Although the layout was obviously different. Eventually you decided to speak up.

"Can I ask you a quick question?" The Doctor made a hum in reply. "Why didn't I suddenly melt when the water rushed over me?"

"Oh, I'm glad you asked! That water was filled with special chemicals to prevent your body from reacting to the liquid." The Doctor explained. "It was the same type of liquid used to house you back 4 years ago."

"Don't remind me." You groaned. "Also, where's my stuff?"

"Don't worry, they're perfectly safe." The Doctor reassured. "Unfortunately, one of them was a broken pocket watch, which I couldn't fix at all."

"Oh don't worry about that." You answered. "It's meant to be broken anyways." You held your right hand in the air.

.

.

.

The Doctor looks at you confused. "Y/N? What are you doing?"

"Give it a second."

.

.

.

You let your hand fall down in embarrassment. "Ok, maybe it's too far away."

"What were you trying to do?" The Doctor asked.

"Well, I don't really know." The Doctor chuckles and you glare at him for a moment. "Something was supposed to fly straight into my hand every time it's separated from me."