chapter 20 - netfilx and chill

Kate's POV-

Y/n settles into the bed beside me, leaving about a foot of space between us. "So what do you wanna watch?" I ask, turning on the TV.

She looks at me. I can see the panic in her eyes because she doesn't have an answer, "I don't know any shows or movies..."

"Right. I'm sorry, I forgot, though while I'm thinking about it. I need to show you 'F.R.I.E.N.D.S' and 'The Office'"

Y/n shrugs, "Sure." I begin racking my mind for movie ideas, "Ooh! I've got a good one. It's called Central Intelligence. It's an action comedy with this dude named The Rock. When I tell you this dude is massive, he is massive! Larger than Steve Rogers and probably Thor."

"-Wait wait wait. The Rock?" She cuts me off.

"Yeah, it's a nickname. He used to be a wrestler." I explain, "The movie is hilarious, trust me." When I stop talking, I start to really look at Y/n, or rather the way that she's looking at me. With admiration, everything I say is intriguing. I begin to blush a little.

She shakes her head, "Sorry I was staring... You look uhm really cute when you talk about things you're passionate about."

If my cheeks weren't already burning, they are now. "No, you're good. Does uh 'Central Intelligence' sound good?" She nods and I pull up the movie. Before I start it I turn to Y/n, "One sec, do you want water?" Y/n nods, "That would actually be nice." I retrieve a water for each of us from my mini-fridge, turn off the lights, and start the movie.

Although Y/n does ask a lot of questions during the movie, I don't mind. We laugh a lot and over time, edge closer and closer until we're side by side.

Y/n's POV-

"Oh, is it over?" I sit up and ask as the screen turns blank, and a list of names starts scrolling. Kate laughs, "Yeah, did you want more?"

"Yes. I want to know what happens next. Do they see each other again? What about the one guy's wife? Do they stay together? Does he tell her?" I go on and on, having a million questions. But Kate just smiles and shrugs, "It's up to your imagination." I roll my eyes and lay back down next to her.

We lie there is silence as the credits roll. A knock at Kate's door pulls our attention away from the TV. Neither of us move, only turning our heads. "Who's there?" Kate asks.

"It's Bucky." Comes a voice from the other side.

"Come in!" Kate says.

He opens the door but only takes two steps into the room, "I was actually looking for Y/n. She wasn't in her room so I thought she might be here." He turns to me, "Could we uh, talk in private?"

I turn to Kate who smiles encouragingly and nods. I remove the covers and make my way into the hall. Bucky closes Kate's door before turning to me. "Uhm, I see a therapist for hydra ptsd stuff, and she's actually kind of helped. I figured since you're probably gonna hang here for a bit, that you might be interested in seeing someone. If you want of course. I actually have a session tomorrow morning at 9:30am if you want to come and see what it's like? Again, up to you, but I think it could be beneficial."

I process what he said. I've never seen a therapist, I don't really know what they do, listen to you talk about your feelings? Though Bucky does have a point, since I still don't know what I want to do, trying it couldn't hurt. "Uhh, can I think about it?"

"Absolutely. I leave at 9:05am, so if you decide you want to come, meet me in the kitchen at 9:00?" Bucky asks.

I nod, "Sounds good, thank you" I smile and he smiles back.

"Of course, Y/n. I'm here for you. See you tomorrow, maybe. Goodnight."

"Goodnight." I reply, watching as he walks away. I take a breath before returning to Kate's room.

She looks up as soon as I walk in, smiling. I climb back into the bed next to her. "So, if you don't mind me asking, what was that about?"

I chuckle, "Bucky invited me to his therapy session tomorrow morning."

Kate looks at me confused, "Really? That's interesting, Bucky is usually very quiet. I didn't think he would invite someone to his therapy. Are you gonna go?"

I shrug, "I don't know yet. I'll see how I feel tomorrow."

a/n: i think i'm gonna start posting shorter chapters since i sometimes get writers block like 75% through. again so sorry for the wait but ig unfortunately it's expected at this point.