chapter 8 - m.i.a

Peter's POV- 

"Kid, is y/n back?" Mr. Stark asks me.

I turn to the hallway, "nope, still not back..." I report. She's been gone too long, I'm starting to get worried. "Should I go after her?" I ask. 

"Wouldn't hurt" Mr. Stark shrugs. He's trying to act cool but I can tell he is worried as well. 

I take off down the hallway. I get all the way to Kate's room and open the door. I can see a figure in the bed. I turn on the lights. Kate turns over groaning, "Let me sleep!!"

"Kate... Have you seen y/n? She said she was coming to get you up!" I ask panicking. 

"No... what's wrong?" Kate asks sitting up. 

"We're under attack, someone broke into the compound."

I can see her process the situation, "What?!"

"Just get up come on! If you've got a bow in here I suggest grabbing it!"

"Kid! You copy?" I hear Mr. Stark through comms. 

"Yeah, I copy."

"You got eyes on Y/n and Kate?" he asks. 

"I've got eyes on Kate but I can't find Y/n and Kate hasn't seen her either!"

I hear Mr. Stark curse quietly. After an indistinct conversation with someone, he speaks up, "Kid! Get Kate and meet us in the meeting room now!"

[An hour later...]

Kate's POV - 

"So, Hydra got past our security system, broke into the compound, and Kidnapped Y/n?" Steve re-caps. 

Nat nods sadly. 

"We're sure it was Hydra?" Peter asks.

Tony sighs, "Security cameras confirm it was Hydra."

I put my head in my hands. I can't believe I was sleeping while this was happening, SLEEPING!

"This is my fault, I should have gone with her" Peter groans. 

"No kid this is on all of us." Stark says patting him on the back. 

Nat smiles sadly, "You did what you thought was best."

"You two should get some sleep," Steve says looking at me and Peter. 

"But-" we both start to argue. 

"Sleep!" Steve says again.

3rd Person POV - 

The avengers stay up all night reviewing the security footage trying to not only find y/n but figure out how hydra got in, in the first place.

(a/n: sorry for the constant switching of pov's and for a super short chapter. but i promise there is a method to my madness)