chapter 9 - home 'not so sweet' home

Y/n's POV - 

"How ya doin' princess?" a male voice sings. 

My head aches, I can hardly see and there is a soft ringing in my ears. I mumble something though it was probably gibberish. As my vision starts to clear up I notice I am in an all-white room. I am sitting at a metal table with my hands cuffed together behind my chair. I recognize the face across the table, Rumlow. He's standing with his arms crossed in front of his chest.

 "A thank you would be nice," He scoffs, "We just rescued your ass."

"What?" I ask confused. The ringing in my ears must be affecting my hearing, did he just say rescued?

"We just saved you, from the Avengers" he repeats. 

"Saved?" I mutter, "You kidnapped me!"

"THEY kidnapped you!" Rumlow corrects. He leans forward over the table, his eyes softening, "what did they do to you, agent Toro?"

I narrow my eyes, "They saved me... from this hellhole."

Rumlow nods and slowly turns towards the wall to his right. He goes to the far right of that wall and knocks, short-long-short-short. A door opens from the wall and he walks out. 

Several minutes pass and he still hasn't returned. I carefully stand up, looping my arms over the back of my chair. Thankfully my wrists aren't touching, meaning there must be a chain holding the cuffs together. It takes a second, but I am finally able to move my hands under my butt and step through the cuffs so that I am now cuffed in front of me. Now that I can see my hands, I assess the cuffs. They are standard hydra cuffs, thin and lightweight yet remarkably strong. Looks like I'm gonna be fighting with my hands tied. I observe the room once more confirming there are no cameras. I move beside the door so that when Rumlow opens it, I'll be in a blind spot. 

Another probably 5 minutes go by before someone finally opens the door. Without hesitation, I kick at Rumlow's knee and slam both of my fists into his head. 

"You bitch" he yells groaning. 

I aim for the back of his knee this time, sending him onto one knee. I push off his bent knee and wrap my legs around his neck. He topples over and we both slam into the ground. He struggles to try and grab his taser. I reach for his unused chair, lift it above my head, and smash it into his face. His body goes limp and I release my legs. I glance towards the door, nobody is in the hallway that I can see, but I hear distant movement. I quickly search Rumlow for the key to the cuffs and release my hands. I notice he also stole my batons from the weapons vault, that bastard. I remove his belt and tighten it around my waist. Wait, if he had my batons that means we must be in Sokovia. 

I grab my batons, it feels nice to have them back in my hands. I peek into the hallway, but still no one. Typical of them to underestimate me. I spot a stairwell at the right end of the hallway and run towards it. My only option is up so that's where I go. A couple of flights into the hike, the alarms go off. They must have found Rumlow. I slip through the next door, it's labeled 'Sublevel 6'. This is where I was kept, but now the cells are empty and no guards to be seen. I shudder as I walk past my cell, the drawings carved into the walls are unmistakable. I shake my head trying to regain focus. I need to get in contact with someone at the compound. I spot the security desk abandoned but the phone is still sitting there. I pick up the phone and call my only hope. 

"911 what's your emergency?" a lady on the other end greats. 

"Hi... this is gonna sound really weird but I need to talk to the Avengers, any of them"

"I'm sorry?" she asks confused. 

"I need you to relay a message to the avengers. Tell them y/n called and that I'm in Sokovia with Brock R."

I hear a sigh on the other end of the phone, "Excuse me miss, this line if for EMERGENCIES ONLY."

"Please I'm begging you to just relay the message I-"

She hangs up. 

As I pick up the phone to call back, I hear the doors of the stairwell bang open. I've got nowhere to go so it looks like I'm fighting. At least a dozen guards are running down the hall at me. I tighten my grip around my batons. I take out at least 6 or 7 guards until I'm completely surrounded. There were definitely more than a dozen guards, guess they didn't underestimate me this time. I feel a needle in my neck and my vision goes blurry... again. I continue to fight, fight through this darkness. I was so close, yet their hands tighten on my arms and it all goes black... I've lost yet again.