chapter 7 - movie night

I browse through the pantry looking for something to eat.

"anything good?"

I jump slightly at the voice, but I recognize it. Kate.

"pretty much everything. there's crackers, pretzels, candy, chips-"

"-omg are those cookies?!" Kate says pushing me out of the way.

"hey!"

"you were blocking all of the snacks"

"true"

Kate turns around with a huge pile of, well almost everything in the pantry.

"you're planning on eating all of that?" I say laughing at how ridiculous she looks.

"we'll see."

I shake my head, "you're so weird"

She laughs. She goes to move forward, but her pile starts to shift, "hey! help me out will ya?"

"yep, I got it." I say grabbing my own pile. we both wander back to the living room.

"oh... my... god... you two are ridiculous" Clint says.

We both ignore him. Kate sits down first, setting her pile next to her. I start to relieve myself of the snacks as well. I examine the pile and begin to collect a few for me. Once I have a smaller assortment, I walk back over to Nat and Wanda. "Did you guys want any?"

"Wait, some of those aren't for us?" Wanda gasps.

I look at them both innocently, "Uhhhh"

"Kiddinggg we can get our own snacks" Nat says

"Hey i was just having fun" Wanda says trying to defend herself.

I squeeze myself between the two of them and begin to snack. A couple of minutes later, everyone is back so we start the movie. Every time I get confused I throw a piece of whatever food I am eating at Peter to get his attention. After a couple of hits to the face, Peter starts to get really annoyed so I stop. 

After 2 hours and 4 minutes, the credits finally start to roll. I look around to see almost everyone asleep, except Peter. He gets up and turns off the TV. I begin to slowly sit up. I notice that Wanda is slightly leaning on my shoulder. I gently replace my shoulder with a pillow before getting up all the way. I carefully make my way to the kitchen. I grab a glass from the cupboard and begin to fill it with sink water. 

Peter walks in behind me carrying a large pile of trash, "did you like it?" he whispers.

"Yeah. I got a little confused at some parts, but it was still good."

He nods, "Once you see the other movies, it'll all make sense."

"I assume I am required to watch the rest?" I joke. 

"No!" he responds panicked, "only if you want to!"

His nervousness is kinda funny, "You worry too much about what everyone else thinks. You're a good dude Peter, don't be afraid to be yourself."

He smiles, "Thanks y/n."

"No problem Peter."

I walk back into the living room to collect more trash. Peter follows shortly behind me. 

"Do we wake them up or just leave them?" I ask. 

"Just leave them. Their fault for falling asleep."

Once we've collected the rest of the trash, we head to the kitchen once more. On the way there I trip over something, someone's foot. "Shit!" I whisper, catching my balance.