chapter 1 - new introductions

1 WEEK AGO

"Barnes come in... Barnes!" You watch in horror as all three aircraft crash into the ocean. Barnes was on one of those. You radio it in "Mayday Mayday, Barnes was on one of those aircraft! Search and Rescue needed!" You jump up from your chair, grab your gun, and race to the oceanside. Helicopters fly overhead, Search and Rescue jump out. I dive into the water looking for him. I ignore the stinging from the salt water. Nothing but rubble covers the ocean floor. My partner is gone. 

PRESENT DAY

Y/N POV

Blaring alarms rudely awaken me from my sleep. Guards are running up and down the halls. I can hear gunfire in the distance. I try to see what's going on but not much can be seen from my cell. I sit down in the corner of my cell and wait. The inside of a cell is all I've known. Dreykov claims that my parents abandoned me as a child and that he saved my life, but who knows what the real story is? Hydra is honestly a step down from the red room. There is a small metal toilet and sink in the corner of my cell. That's it. I sleep on the floor and receive meals 3 times a day on paper plates. I hear struggles and screams along with the sound of metal on concrete. A man dressed in Red, White, and Blue steps in front of my cell. The pulls the lock off with ease and opens the door. 

"Come on we gotta go"

I stare at him blankly, "I can't..." 

"Hey everything is gonna be okay, you're free now"

I want to I really do. I reach my hand back touching the chip on the back of my neck. I've never attempted to leave my cell without permission, I don't want to know what will happen to me. I stand up. Maybe now is the time to find out. I see a slight smile cross his face, satisfied. He steps back from the door and I walk forward. I pause before crossing the line. I step forward. I start to shake uncontrollably, oh no! My vision goes blurry then black. 

~ y/n's dream 

I'm in the hydra interrogation room. Rumlow sits across from me.

"I lost comms with him as soon as he hit the water, when I went to look from him he was gone"

"That's it?! that's all you've got? Our greatest weapon, your partner is missing and you got nothing?!"

"I'm sorry I-"

Rumlow slaps me across the face. "They told me you were the best.." He looks to the guards, "Take her back to her cell". The two guards drag me out of the room and throw me back into my cell". 

~

3rd Person POV

Steve stands over the young girl, "Bruce her heart rate is getting dangerously high!"

Bruce rushes over to the body and then back to his computer. "Oh shit! Her neurons are firing at impossible speeds" The girl's head begins to shake "It's a dream! Wake her up!"

Steve begins to shake her body trying to wake her. Moments later she gasps and her eyes open wide. She tries to sit up but she's strapped to the table. "Please don't hurt me. I told you I don't know anything!" tears start to form in her eyes. 

Bruce speaks up, "Hey hey, we're not gonna hurt you." She relaxes back onto the bed but still looks terrified. "Do you have a name?"

"Agent Y/N"

"A last name?"

"No"

"How old are you"

"16, sir"

"Thank you Y/N. I promise you are safe from Hydra now. I've removed the chip from your neck." she reaches back to feel where the chip used to be, "it wasn't Hydra made was it?" the girl shakes her head. "Red room?" she nods. Bruce takes note of this information, "I think there's someone you should see"

Y/N POV

One of the men tells me that there is someone I should see. Both men leave the room and a couple of minutes later the door opens gently. Barnes walks into the room. "Barnes you're alive!" I smile just seeing his face again. 

"Hey champ, you can call me Bucky"

"Bucky?"

"Yeah. It's a nickname from before Hydra"

I guess I never realized that he probably had a life. Hydra doesn't train kids and the red room is only girls so he must have gotten to live a little before they took him. 

"How are you doing?"

"It feels weird. I always knew that they did something with my head but I never knew anything else"

"I get that. Anyways, I uh talked to one of my friends and he said you can stay here for a while"

I smile. "Thank you, Barnes - sorry Bucky"

"No problem"