Chapter 26

Kade

"Weather reports mentioned a snowstorm hitting tonight." Kendall said as she stepped out of the limo. We'd booked a rental for our stay in Tacoma. It's roughly thirty minutes away from Hillcrest and looks more like a LA mansion than anything. Kingsley sighs as he slid out the seat. I elbowed Kyle in the side and he rolled his baby blue eyes that matched his sister's. "It's going to be hell this weekend."

Once our bags were brought inside the house, which was a bit much for a three day stay. The main level of the house contained a large living room with a granite fireplace and a TV mounted above. The large windows throughout two walls showcase the property now covered in snow. "Bro there's a fucking pool table over here!" Kyle whooped from just down the hall. We weren't strangers to luxuries, but this entire room was like a billiard room with it's dark blue walls filled with pool sticks, dartboards and art, but the pool table was large and sat dead center in the middle of the room.

"Nice. I'll still kick your ass in style, Henderson." I teased as he raised his eyebrow, a smirk tugging at the corner of his mouth. "Please. You barely beat me and we were playing drunk." He scoffed as I walked to the room across the hall that was a small bar area. Noting it was fully stocked, I grabbed two imported beers, not my usual taste, but fine and tossed one to Kyle, who catches it with ease before we moved around the rest of the house.

"Boys, did you find your rooms?" Kendall asked as she met us at the foyer. She changed from the blue sweater and black pants she'd worn from the trip and into a gray sweater dress. "We're just checking out the house, Mom." Kyle smiled and kissed his mother's cheek.

"Good. Your father decided to take the master on the main level so try not to make too much noise." She tucks her hair behind her ears and I notice her ring finger is bare. I push that thought away as we ascend the sleek staircase. I find my bedroom to the left of the main staircase and it's bigger than my room at home with a king sized bed, full bathroom and walk in closet attached. The ceiling high windows have remote blinds but the view of Mount Rainier is the perfect thing to wake up to. My bag was already on my bed so I started unpacking.

"Hey, want to go into town for a bit tonight? Cloe's at U of W here and I mentioned we were coming to visit." Kyle rubbed the back of his neck, avoiding eye contact with me. And for good reason. If there was ever a girl with the potential to destroy our friendship, it was my ex, Cloe Michaelson or the devil with blonde hair and a smile as fake as the tits she got as a grad present. "It's not like that, Kade. In fact she wants to clear things up with us both."

It's been years since I've seen this girl since she doesn't come back to Penhaven for breaks or during the summer and a big part of that had to do with how badly our relationship ended junior year of high school. I was toxic as fuck back then and bitter over her bullshit, but what drove me to my worst was her constantly using Kyle as a means to get to me.

"I'll go, but I'm not going to buy into her bullshit. She tried to fuck with our friendship before and I'll be damned if that bitch is going to do it again." My blood was on fire and I hadn't so much as seen her. Kyle nodded and pushed up from his post against the doorframe with his arms crossed. The look on my face must convey how fucking serious I am about this shit, because he just nods and heads down the stairs just off my bedroom.

My hands trembled and I swallow down that rage building inside me. The last thing I need is Cloe stirring up shit between me and Kyle. Throwing myself on my bed, I grabbed my phone and called Lola. "Hey, I was just about to call you before we left," she breathed out and I put my arm behind my head and crossed my ankles, staring at the mountains with the sun fading behind them. "I thought you guys would've made it before the storm kicked in.

"Yeah, probably not the best weekend to go up to the mountains, but Sydney is such a snowboarding addict since her new boyfriend is a professional snowboarder." Lola replied and I could here the chatter that was indefinitely her roommate and the slamming of doors.