Chapter 2

Kaden

It's not a Henderson party if Sage isn't once again doing something beyond fucking stupid. Watching her prance around flirting with everything with a fucking dick, even taking that douche bag quarterback ex of hers upstairs was fucking embarrassing. Seeing her flirt with Mikey, though? That pissed me off. Don't get me wrong, Mikey's a good guy, loyal as they come and I know he'd never fuck up his friendship with Kyle...or me, but Sage has a way of manipulating everyone around her.

Especially when she's fucking loaded. My eyes roam around the room as everyone was taking advantage of the land of excess the Henderson siblings have been living these days.

Their parents were in the midst of a lengthy divorce and decided it would be best if Kyle and Sage kept the Spring Lake house since it's closer to Penhaven University. Kyle asked me to move in at the end of junior year, mostly to keep an eye on his sister while he figured his options out.

I love Kyle like a brother, but his parents dropping Sage on him had completely derailed his life. He ended up having to take a year off from school so here he is a twenty two year old college senior. My beer tasted bitter despite Kyle going out and getting my brand just for me.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I soft voice asked behind me before small hands wrapped around my waist. I sighed, turning to face her. We haven't spoken since the night we hooked up two weeks ago. "Hey, Lola, what are you doing here?"

Her smile faltered a bit before it returned, her green eyes blaze with desire and defiance. "I wanted to see you. You've been avoiding me all last week." She bites her lip before looking away. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you I was dating someone. It's complicated and...I just really like you, Kaden, I don't regret being with you."

Fuck.
Lola's a beautiful girl with long brown hair that makes you want to fist it, gorgeous green eyes that sparkle and the perfect lips that look good wrapped around my dick. "You told me you were single. I find out that you're dating some frat guy from one of my teammates, Lola, what the fuck?"

Her eyes water and my eyes take in the room. We have an audience and the last thing I want to do is embarrass this girl. I took her hand in mine and headed out the back door. Of course party goers were out enjoying what's left of the summer in Washington. The reason all the parties tend to be held at the Henderson residence is because of the gorgeous view of Spring Lake, probably the largest lake in the state. Rumor has it, the Hendersons bought the entire land surrounding it because the former Mrs. Henderson fell in love with it. Can't say I blame the woman.

I pulled Lola behind the pool house and pinned her against the wall. "Tell me again at what point were you gonna tell me, because it sure as fuck wasn't before we had sex, Lola." I hissed, planting both my hands on the wall next to her head. Her eyes widened a fraction and she swallows, my gaze follows the movement.

"This is why? The way you're looking at me, treating me. Like...like you took advantage of me and you didn't. I wanted it and you." She whispers, closing her eyes and I can't help but feel like an asshole.

"I'm sorry for ghosting you. It's just kinda awkward and you're dating someone else." My hand comes down to caress her cheek and she nuzzles my hand. "Not really. I've been planning on breaking up with him since the night we fucked, even before that if I'm being honest. Every time I do he guilt trips me into staying. "

"You're still planning on doing that?" I murmur, my other hand twirling a lock of her chocolate hair. Her breathing hitches and I like that. Knowing this little mouse still wants to play. Okay, I'll bite.

Bending down so that we're eye level, I cup her face, my thumb running over her lower lip. "Here's what's happening. If you're serious about this, then we'll wait until you're single. That's the best I can do for now." I smirk as my gaze searched her face.