Scene 30 - Matrix Interphase

We see Sutekh walking among the chaos that was unleashed on Gallifrey, enjoying the wreckage of war he walks among. The Ice Warriors march across Gallifrey to the Capitol, and the Krynoid slithers its way along the fields. The surviving Autons, with their plastic faces creepily burnt from the fire and broken bodies stumble onwards. Ben and Polly wait outside the Capitol and can see the advancing parties come towards them from the mist around them.

Polly:

They're coming. All around us.

Ben:

We move. The final phase of our plan will commence operation.

They head into the Capitol as the alien invaders begin to emerge towards the citadel. We see Sil being carried in his chair by his bodyguards.

Sil:

So. This is the heart of the Time Lords. A species that I shall exploit for all the ruinous effects they have done to my reputation!

We cut back to the war room, where the Time Lords (Rassilon, Omega, the Monk, Morbius, the Master, and the Rani) all have their arms against the wall. Davros is also joined as part of them. He faces Sergeant Benton and Captain Yates in his chair. The Time Lords and Davros look scornful as they gloat to the soldiers.

Rassilon:

You think bullets can stop us, Earthman?

Sergeant Benton:

You might be able to swap your face around, but I've got all day.

Master:

How early is it for you, Sergeant Benton? You think you can hold all of us like this for long?

Captain Yates:

We won't have to keep you for long unless you don't keep quiet. All of you.

The Doctors examine around the hexagonal control console in the war room with their companions. Various companions stand over the Doctors as they discuss the control panel set up in the war room.

Sixth Doctor:

To think that we now have the power to control the whole of time and space at out finger tips.

Eighth Doctor:

Then I will make it certain to myself that I won't use that power. For good or for evil.

Eleventh Doctor:

Who are we to decide what is good or evil? We would become God.

First Doctor:

No one should have that power. Let us shut down this power, and have the rocket dismantled for good.

War Doctor:

I think we can leave the rest to Romana. Cleaning up after ourselves has never been a strong point amongst any of us.

Twelfth Doctor:

Then we best get on with it. Before anyone else tries to get their grubby hands or tendrils over the heart of Gallifrey.

We see the Fourth, Fifth, Seventh, and Tenth Doctors continue through the lower levels of the Capitol. Susan follows at the back, and notices at the side of their passage some pizza-like red substance hiding in the shadows. She investigates, and sees a long line of victims of Zygons hiding in the darkness along the pathway! They range from Voord to Cybermen to Time Lords such as Chancellor Sharm. Susan is disgusted at what she sees.

Susan:

Grandfather! Grandfather!

She turns back, and she is trapped in the corner by Ben and Polly.