Scene 23 - Not The Only Ones

We see the TARDIS beginning to materialise on a jungle planet, this time on Refusis 7. The Eighth Doctor emerges from his TARDIS to examine the surroundings of the floral planet. Birds tweet and we hear the sound of trickling water in the far distance. Prickled bushes with soft grass fill this beauty's paradise. A path leads down into the far distance to continue this beautiful garden further, filled with tall, healthy trees releasing lots of apples, fruits, and vegetables.

The Doctor is in awe of his surroundings and takes an apple off the tree to begin eating it as he enjoys the comfort of Refusis 7. Gardeners dressed in robes with their hoods dressed up help to maintain the beautiful grounds so the wildlife may spring up to thrive graciously. We see animals hop and bounce happily enjoying the gardens, insects and creatures thriving from the beautiful flowers, and birds majestically sweeping in the sky.

Eighth Doctor:

Wow. Now this is what I travel to see. Refusis 7. Why didn't I think about stopping by sooner?

Dodo Chaplet mysteriously arrives carrying a strange pod up to the Doctor. One of the gardeners accompanies her to greet the Doctor.

Dodo:

Why, Doctor! It's so nice to see you here. Welcome to Refusis 7.

Eighth Doctor:

Why thank you. I'm sorry. But do I know you?

Dodo:

We are old, accustomed friends here, Doctor. We used to travel together for a short time. When you were much older, or should I say, younger?

Eighth Doctor:

Forgive me, Dodo. I certainly didn't expect to see you here. On one of the sister planets we were once on together, but you decided to return home soon after our adventures together.

Dodo:

And I had a wonderful time with you, Doctor. The things I saw and learnt travelling the universe.

Eighth Doctor:

I was proud I took you under my wing, Dodo. But how come you went from Earth to Refusis 7. Do you occupy these gardens now?

Dodo:

All in good time, Doctor. I am the keeper of these grounds now. Maintaining these beautiful plants all to prosper and provide happiness for all here. We offer you a gift here for your anticipated arrival.

Eighth Doctor:

Well thank you. You knew I was coming?

Dodo:

Of course. When the sirens sounded, we were more than happy to wait for one of you to arrive. For your gift, we offer this special pod. Found embedded deep within our underground trees.

The gardener reveals what he holds in his hand, much to the Doctor's horror. It was a Krynoid pod!

Eighth Doctor:

What's that?

Dodo:

This? This is our gift to you.

Eighth Doctor:

Don't you have any idea what it is?

Dodo:

Of course we do. This pod will spring all new life here on Refusis 7. Where plant life will breed and overcome all other animal organisms here on this planet.

Eighth Doctor:

Including ourselves, Dodo. Keep that poison away from me. From anyone else. Destroy it. Blow it up. Do anything with it before it hatches.