Scene 22 - What's that noise?

We see the First Doctor and Susan continue across the perimeter of the city of Skaro. They continue along a path where the wall opens to reveal a section where small animals could potentially run on.

First Doctor:

I believe we are getting warmer, child. Yes. Soon be there.

The two Dalek patrols pass only a small way behind them.

Dalek 1:

CENTRAL CONTROL! CENTRAL CONTROL! INTRUDERS HAVE PASSED INTO DEAD END! THEY ARE TRAPPED!

We then cut back to the central control of the Dalek city.

Dalek 2:

PROCEED, INVESTIGATE, AND KILL THEM!

The Daleks prepare to divide up to pursue the Doctor and Susan.

Dalek 1:

WHEREVER THEY ARRIVE, WE SHALL EXTERMINATE THEM!

The Doctor and Susan come to the point where the passage bends around.

Susan:

Is this it?

First Doctor:

Yes. Here we are. Just there.

Susan:

Through this running passage? It's not like there's much else we can do. By the way the path bends, it will probably bend around and go back the same way.

The First Doctor tampers with the panel. The first Dalek closes in towards them.

First Doctor:

Ah! I have it. Yes. I have activated the fissure.

Susan sees the Dalek arrive!

Susan:

Grandfather!

Dalek 1:

HALT!

They are both taken by surprise, and Susan hugs her grandfather. The second Dalek emerges from the other side.

Susan:

What are those terrible machines, grandfather?

Dalek 1:

CENTRAL CONTROL! CONFIRM YOUR INSTRUCTIONS!

We return back to central control.

Dalek 2:

INSTRUCTIONS! EXTERMINATE THEM! EXTERMINATE THEM!

Before we cut back to the wasteland.

Dalek 1:

ORDER CONFIRMED! PREPARE TO EXTERMINATE THEM!

First Doctor:

Quickly, Susan. Now!

They hold onto each other, and they fade away.

Dalek 1:

FIRE!

They fire but miss.

WHERE HAVE THEY GONE!

We then cut to see the strange world again where the Matrix has produced a setting for the Doctors and his companions. The First Doctor and Susan carefully wander through.

Susan:

Now where do we search?

First Doctor:

I don't know. But we must continue onwards.

We see behind the wall the shadowy figure of Sutekh looming over them. Suddenly, over the screaming voices they hear the sound of 1980s rock music.

What's that racket playing? Hmph?

Susan:

That?

First Doctor:

Yes. What dreadful noises! Hmph! Terrible. Absolutely terrible. I can't stand it. I'll go deaf with the sound of it.

Susan:

Maybe it's a sign for us to follow.

First Doctor:

I should hope not. To listen to that sound! Hmph! Let's go, child. Let's go.

They continue around the corner. We then see the shadowy figure of the 7th Doctor and Ace with her music set playing the tracks.

Ace:

Still no sign.

Seventh Doctor:

Well it might help if you let us concentrate by turning off your music.

She does so.

Now. Where were we?

The 7th Doctor and Ace walk ahead. Back on Skaro, the Daleks try to analyse the time fissure

Dalek 1:

TIME DISTORTION DETECTED! ENTRANCE TO TIME FIELD STILL AVAILABLE!

We then cut back to central control.

Dalek 2:

IF ACCESS TO PURSUIT AVAILABLE, ENTER! MORE DALEK SHALL INVESTIGATE TIME FISSURE! YOUR PRESENCE IS NOTED!

This then returns us to the wasteland.

Dalek 1:

WE WILL ENTER AND LEARN WHERE IT LEADS!

Dalek 3:

THIS WILL ALLOW US ACCESS TO OTHER PLANETS! PERHAPS THIS IS ANOTHER FORM OF TIME SPACE TRAVEL THAT THE DALEKS CAN EXPLOIT!

Dalek 1:

WE SHALL LISTEN AND OBSERVE!

The two Daleks go into the time fissure to pursue the Doctor and Susan. They fade away. Back in the control room, we see the Daleks plotting to find out more about the time fissure.

Dalek 2:

WE MUST UNDERSTAND MORE ABOUT THE UNIVERSE WE LIVE IN! AND LEARN HOW TO CROSS SPACE TO IMPLEMENT DALEK AUTHORITY ACROSS A NEW DIMENSION OF SCALE AND DOMINION!

The Dalek stares at the camera...