💸Nice Guys Finish Last💸 (Pt. 2)

Start from the beginning

"If it doesn't work.." Milo began, causing all his siblings' heads to turn around to him. "Does that mean I could have Hailey..?" He questioned with a smugish smile. Jake glared at his youngest sibling, resisting the urge to just pounce on him.

"Milo, shut the fuck up."

----

-The Next Day-

Jake peeked around the corner, catching a glimpse of his long-time friend and crush. She was at her locker with its door open, clearly checking herself out in the reflection of her mirror hung up inside. She fixed her hair and batted her eyelashes, smiling profusely.

Jake gawked at her, taking in Hailey's beauty. She was truly a beautiful sight to witness. Everytime Jake locked eyes with her, he could feel his heart pump right out of his chest. His knees would go jelly, and his entire body would become stuffy and warm as his skintone went from its usual colour to a vermillion red.

"Okay, Jake. You can do it. Just act casual.." He said in his thoughts, taking slow deep breaths. Once he regained control of his breathing, Jake came out from the corner he was hiding behind and began to make his way over to the ocean-haired teenager. Every step he took added on more weight onto his shoulders as the dreaded feeling of nervousness took over him. Jake didn't want to look like a fool in front of Hailey. He was used to always flirting with her, and that was what he grew accustomed to. However, this was about to be the first time Jake was going to act casual with her, and he was afraid of looking or acting stupid in front of the girl of his dreams.

It didn't take long for Jake to walk up to Hailey as he lightly tapped her shoulder to get her attention. Hailey glanced out from her locker, blinking her eyes as she made eye-contact with the strawberry-blonde haired boy.

"Oh, hey Jake.." Hailey greeted him warmly and shut her locker. She noticed Jake's body language and picked up on how Jake was visibly nervous, for some apparent reason. It made her curiosity and interest spark. "So, how are you?" She then asked as she awaited a flirty response in return, like how it usually is with Jake.

"Hey Hailey, I'm d-doing..o-okay..!" Jake replied as his countenance turned into the colour of a tomato. Jake mentally cringed at himself for stuttering in front of Hailey. He never did that in front of her. It was embarrassing for him, to say the least.

"Um..are you alright..? You don't seem like your usual self.." Jake sighed hearing Hailey question his strange antics.

"Oh yeah! Don't worry, Hailey! I'm dandy!" Jake tried his best to keep everything casual and on the low, but it was incredibly hard for him as he didn't act this way with Hailey regularly on a daily basis.

"Actually...I was wondering about something lately. It's something that I was thinking about asking you. You may think I'm gonna ask you out on a date, or the same old usual flirty questions I throw at you, but I was wondering if m-maybe you..w-wanted to...hangout someday. W-We could go out for b-bubble tea, or go to the park. And don't worry, there won't be any flirty business happening. It'll just be a normal hangout between friends! It's okay..if you don't want to-"

Suddenly, a finger was brought up to Jake's lips, cutting him off his sentence. The finger was Hailey's and she was gazing up at him lovingly, her eyelashes batting themselves once more.

"You know, Jake. I've never seen you act like this before..It's quite adorable to be honest. Are you actually feeling shy around me..?" Hailey neared herself towards him, which made Jake nearly gasp as he grew stiff on the spot.

"W-Well, I-I...u-um..k-kinda! Well, it's m-more like-!" Jake stuttered again, unable to get words to normally come out of his mouth. This only made Hailey chuckle and she gently took Jake's hand into her own, making their fingers interlock.