💸Nice Guys Finish Last💸 (Pt. 2)

Start from the beginning

"Oh come on, Milo. Join in on the hug!" Elliot held out his hand towards Milo and signalled him to come over. However, Milo just shook his head in reply, sulking even more into his bean bag.

"I think I'll pass.." Milo responded, rolling his eyes. "You guys can continue your hug. This is too cheesy and lovey dovey for me.."

Zoey and Elliot gave Milo confused expressions while Jake laughed on the other hand. "Ah well, we all know how Milo is.." He said, smirking. "Still...I really hope Hailey loves me back.."

Zoey seemed to think to herself for a few seconds before she began to speak. "Well, I do hear Hailey gossip a lot about boys whenever she is with the girls. I do remember her saying that she thinks you're pretty adorable, and that she may like you. She even said that she can see herself getting into a relationship with you..!"

Once he heard this, Jake shot up from his bed, a massive smile that showed off a bright expression of excitement displayed on his lips.

"Really?! Hailey said that?! You better not be lying, Zoey!" Jake nearly yelled, turning towards his sister.

"Cross my heart. I swear to God, she actually said that. I know my memory is usually shit, but I do remember this!" Zoey confirmed it again, almost squealing in her place.

This gave Jake a sense of hope. This further affirmed his belief that him and Hailey will end up in a loving relationship with one another. He had wanted this since the day he practically met her. If only Drew wasn't fighting for the same thing.

Jake knew how much his friendship with Drew was deteriorating. A part of him sometimes believed Drew was only crushing and running after Hailey to get under Jake's skin. If that is the case, that would just piss Jake off even more, especially since Drew knew how much Jake liked Hailey since the beginning. Jake remembered how Drew and him used to be close best friends who would rarely bicker with eachother, but things have changed dramatically, which is unfortunate. Now, the two boys are constantly at the other's neck 24/7.

Jake recalled of the moment of when Zoey and Drew had their messy breakup. How angered he was back then. Jake was sure he laid a punch or two. He remembered how he threatened Drew to never go near Zoey again or try to take her back. He remembered how he took Zoey away from the scene as she cried, clutching onto her brother's arm tightly. Jake held onto her as the two walked off into the hallway, out of Drew's sight. He remembered how Drew called and texted him multiple times for the next few days for his forgiveness. Jake doesn't know why or how, but somehow him and Drew are talking again.

"Jake...I think instead of usually flirting with Hailey like you always do when you see her at school, you should go up to her and speak with her in a more friendly way. Maybe ask her if she wants to go on a walk, get some bubble tea one day, or just simply hang out. This is my honest opinion. I don't think it's wise to keep throwing yourself onto her. Approach her in a more kind way.." Elliot gave his advice, looking at Jake with a comforting gaze held behind his light brown eyes.

Jake scratched his head, seeing the basis of Elliot's point. Maybe he had been flirting with his crush a bit too much. Maybe he should be more casual and nice to her instead? It sounds a lot more better now that Jake thought about it.

"See? That's our smart brother..." Jake ruffled Elliot's hair, chuckling. Elliot merely blushed at the compliment, rubbing his neck. "You're right Elliot. Tomorrow, I won't flirt with Hailey excessively like I always do. Instead, I'll be kind, talk to her normally, and maybe even ask her for a hangout or something.."

"That's more like it.." Elliot giggled, resting his hand onto Jake's shoulder.

"It'll probably work. Hailey could possibly accept!" Zoey pointed out. "Elliot is right. I can see you and Hailey going on a date sooner or later if you go this route.."