Chapter 16: Dark Side of the Moon

You see a new moon, a full moon, a crescent moon but never the dark side of the moon. It has always been there. Will you stay if I show it to you?

Darn, I'm still late for work even though I left early. Oh I'm so forgetful to have left my phone in Heng's car last night. So tired from having to wake up early just to go hunt him down without my car. I must have the worst luck, went all the way to Heng's only to find out he already left for work. I feel so weird without my phone.

Brr... is the AC on too high? It is so cold in here.

"Good morning! Sorry I am late today, I had to go..." said Freen but trailed off when she saw her team pointing something behind her, "what is it?"

"The door is closed." Roman whispered "I think something big is happening and Ms. Armstrong is upset."

"Yes, everybody is hyper aware and on their toes." Added Chen

"Do you know what happened?" Yah asked.

"No, I just arrived, how would I know?" replied Freen.

"You're the closest to her."

"Great! Freen you've arrived, do you have a few minutes? Could you come to my office?" Irin asked as she popped her head into the Technology Department.

"Sure thing!" said Freen and followed Irin back to her office. Irin closes the office door behind Freen.

"We have a potential client that would be huge for BonBon and I am hoping you would be able to accompany me tonight for a showcase of our application."

"Of course! Where is it? Who is the client?"

"The client is Nat and he's the owner of Kink the famous nightclub. He is interested in our POS system for his alcohol sales in his nightclub. I want to showcase our payment solution platform and data analytics service for customer information and inventory."

"Got it. I'll be there. Will Rebecca be joining us?"

"Um..No...She doesn't...No, just us." Irin wanted to say more but felt like it isn't something she should share to Freen if Rebecca hasn't talked about it.

"Is something wrong? Her door is closed."

"I'm not too sure. Have you checked your messages? I messaged the group chat, but you didn't respond."

"Yes, sorry. I left my phone with Heng last night and I haven't gotten it back yet. What did you want to ask me?"
"Ahh, don't worry. Not important. So tonight at 10pm I'll meet you at Kink?"

"Yes, I'll go and prepare for tonight's showcase."

Freen went by Rebecca's office after leaving Irin's.

"Rebecca? Good morning, are you okay?"

[typing furiously]

"Fine"

"I see...um have you had breakfast? I am going to place an order for the team."

"No" [continues typing and hiding behind the computer monitor]

"...okay then. I'll see you later then." Freen slowly retreated out of Rebecca's office feeling confused and a bit hurt at Rebecca's cold demeanor. Without her phone, she was unaware of all the messages that Rebecca had sent while Rebecca was sulking at Freen for being indifferent and not responding to her.

_____________________________________________________________________________

"She doesn't have her phone. She hasn't responded because she hasn't seen it."