V1 E10: Kancolle

General POV

It'd been a few days since the battles between partners, things haven't been the same with RWBY. Ruby had buried herself in video games while Weiss had buried herself in her studies. Yang had been trying to fish Ruby out of her games but to no avail, even Amelia couldn't do anything to help her mother.

Andy: "Any luck?" he asks Yang at Lunch one day.

Yang: "Nope." she replied, somberly taking a bite from her pancake, "Ruby's just been too mad at Weiss to consider lending an ear...even to me."

Amelia: "Mom must be pissed if she does this..." she said, Yang only nodded.

Yang: "Yeah, first time she's ever been this pissed, I don't know what to do." she said.

Jaune: "Well, at least she didn't lose." he remarked.

Yang: "Says the guy who lost to his partner in under 30 seconds." she stated.

A small cut shows Jaune getting his a thorough ass whooping by Pyrrha within 28 seconds.

Pyrrha: "Hey now, he did his best and that's good enough, besides, he may just not be on my level of combat yet." she said.

Jaune: "I-I was just off my game that day!" he stated, "That's all."

Nora: "Alright then, next sparring day, challenge Cardin to a match!" she yelled.

Jaune: "Alright. Deal!" he said, walking off with his empty tray. It was the weekend so there were no classes that day.

Roy: "Five Lien says he ne'er makes it pas' the minu'e mark." she bet.

Nora: "Double it then you got yourself a deal." she added.

Roy: "Yer on Nora." she said, firmly.

Andy meanwhile was wondering what he could do to help snap Ruby out of it...when he got it.

Andy: "Maybe I can take her on a mission." he suggested, "Get her hopes and spirits back up to normal before classes start back up the day after tomorrow. Can't have a malfunctioning leader now can ya?"

Yang: "Sounds like a great idea Andy." she agreed.

Blake: "Ugh, please don't leave us with Weiss." she groaned.

Eris: "Yeah, she's been nothing but a menace to me since the fight." she begged.

Andy: "I'll at most be a day and no more Eris, don't worry." he said, comforting his partner, "Now, I'll just find Ruby and drag her kicking and screaming into a mission if I have to."

Andy got up to deposit his empty tray and went to find Ruby. Back in Team RWBY's dorms, Ruby was playing her favorite fighting game, trying to avoid contact with Weiss. Andy entered the room and Ruby groaned.

Ruby: "Yang, if you're gonna try and cheer me up by dragging me into the combat arena, you're mistaken." she snapped.

Andy: "I'm not Yang, Rubes." he stated.

Ruby looked up at Andy and smiled.

Ruby: "Andy!" she yelled, tackling him into a hug, "So, what's the situation?"

Andy: "Nothing much, but I'm gonna try and drag you out of your video games by bringing you along into another mission." he said, opening his gamer menu and showing her possible missions."

Ruby: "Lucky A...please, I'm fine." she said.

Andy: "No, you're not, thankfully this mission looks like we'll be busy." he said, grabbing Ruby's arm and pressing accept.

Ruby: "Wait wha-?!" she yelled before a brilliant flash of blue engulfed them both and sent them into the universe he chose. 

In said universe Andy and Ruby landed on an endlessly blue ocean with no land in sight.

Ruby: "Woah woah woah!" she yelped, clambering onto Andy's flight deck, "WHY'D YOU DO THAT?!?!?" 

Andy: "Sorry Rubes....I thought we'd spawn on solid land." he said, checking the mission parameters. 

Mission: Kantai Collection

Lv. 30

Completion: 0%