V1 E8: Can't Help Falling in Love

General POV

(Friday -Week 2-)

Atlas had been a permanent stay at Beacon Academy for a week and the place geared up for the Vytal Festival coming in about 3 months.

The day Community Service for Team RWBY was scheduled to end Andy and Velvet were helping supervise as Ruby darted around, using her semblance to pick up trash and debris and throw it into trash bins held up by Yang and Blake.

Yang: "Nice thinking Ruby!" she complimented as Ruby made another pass, "I'm guessing you got the idea from Andy's little prank on Weiss from before?"

Ruby: "Yup." she said, coming to a screeching halt, "Andy's been teaching me a lot lately....even if he doesn't know it."

Blake: "Please tell me you 2 are dating already!" she yelled.

Weiss: "You better not be, I have a bet for next Month during the Vytal Festival." she muttered.

Andy: "Sorry Blake, just friends with benefits for now." he said.

Velvet: "Darn, I was betting you 2 would get together in 2 weeks." she said.

Andy shook his head at this, Ruby, embarrassed went for another run, as she did and scooped up some trash, Andy noted that Weiss wasn't helping at all, and that if she helped Blake carry her can, they'd be done a lot quicker, Yang picked up on this too.

Yang: "Weiss, why don't you help Blake out?" she asked, "If we didn't need to reset after Ruby's burst we would be done by now."

Weiss: "Oh puh-lease, as if I'd dirty my hands with those filthy, old, garbage cans." she said, "It's far below me."

Andy: "Weiss, those are brand spanking new trash cans that haven't been used yet." he stated.

Weiss: "Well they're still too old!" she pouted.

Velvet: "Um...Weiss, why not you stay with the workers," she suggested, pointing to some workers helping put up banners for the Vytal Festival, "they can use some help after all."

Weiss didn't object and walked hautily over to them.

Worker: "Oh wow! We're workin' with a Schnee!" he exclaimed, "Come on over ma'am, we need your skills for this one!"

Worker 2: "You're much better company than that animal over there." he added.

Blake growled at this, but a look from Velvet made her stand down, not worth it.

Yang: "What was that about?" she asked, confused as to why Blake stood up for a faunus, still in the dark about her identity.

Blake: "Um....uh....Yang, can I whisk you away?" she asked, dragging the dragon away.

Andy and Ruby look at this confused as Andy takes up both Yang's and Blake's cans while Ruby goes for another run, accidentally scooping up a person who crashes into Blake's can.

Andy: "Ruby! Someone's in the trash!" he called.

Yang: "Ah dang it!" she yelled, her and Blake coming back.

Ruby, Blake, Yang, Velvet, and Andy help bring the girl out, who Andy knows as Penny Polendina.

Penny: "Sal-U-Tations!" she greeted, Andy mentally chuckling.

Blake: "Um.....hi...I suppose..." she said, unsure what exactly to say to Penny.

Ruby: "Sorry bout scooping you up with all the garbage." she apologized.