38. The chosen one

You took the spoon with the food to your mouth, trying not to make a face of disgust at the little taste it had, you preferred your least favorite food before eating this kind of puree of indecipherable ingredients, but for the moment you could only settle for what you had.

You decided to stay as far as possible to everyone, you didn't want to be like a grumpy old woman who despises everyone and everything, but in the five days you've been here, nobody seemed to be the least bit trustworthy, you preferred to take the role of observer for the moment, being the 'rookie' among the prisoners. Especially now that you heard that that guy was coming, you wanted to get more information but no one seemed to have any idea who he was or they avoided talking about that person, you didn't understand what the big mystery was, it's not like saying his name or nickname was to provoke something

"Everyone line up! I hope you behave during the next hours, you will be working in the workshop."

The few people who complained received some beatings along with some threats, enough to shut them up as you stood in your respective line waiting to be handcuffed before moving to the workshop area. It was strange since normally today you did not have this plan, according to the schedule that you had memorized by going through the reception several times, today it should be free time in the backyard and not a workshop.

You didn't complain, you'd rather work with all those tools than watch sweaty people exercising or starting a fight, so when you got here you did what you did best, after setting fires, repairing weapons. The problem was that you practically disconnected from the real world to focus on your work, being something that you enjoyed, you could spend a whole day fiddling with nuts, gears and bolts without even taking a break, so absorbed in your mind that you didn't notice the change in the place, everyone in that room seemed to tense up as if something made them feel like ants.

Only a blow with the butt of the shotgun from one of the guards made you come back to reality, apparently you had been the only idiot who didn't listen as one of the generals said that you should stop working, they all looked at how you frowned commanding a dirty look at the guard who had hit you, just as they could see how your jaw dropped when looking ahead.

"The fuck- ah!"

Your mouth closed upon receiving another blow of warning, you rubbed your head again, glancing back at the guard who seemed to smile at your pain, you grimaced and focused on what surprised you before, rather, who, a man ridiculously tall, blond with glasses and the worst fashion sense you could ever see in anyone. You sighed at the tension you'd just noticed, well yeah, you'd admit this guy has a creepy aura around him, maybe a little intimidating because of his height, even his warlord title.

He walked around the whole workshop observing people in an uncomfortable silence that made you impatient, you couldn't know where he was looking through his stupid glasses but you could feel how his eyes landed on you because your body felt completely frozen, you had never felt so intimacy by someone and it was bothering you so you decided to do what someone should do when they are overthinking or nervous. You hit your cheeks with both hands making a thud, for the second time everyone turned to look at you, you earned a third blow to the head but at least you got rid of the tension that your body had.

"I think I've decided, although it hasn't been very complicated seeing the kind of people here... all pathetic, thieves, scammers without a life or self-respect, what a bunch of losers fufufu."

Everyone seemed to bite their tongues not to respond to the blond, although a brave man launched to attack him with a screwdriver, your eyes widened as you saw how that person fell to the ground cut into fine lines like grated cheese, this man was definitely dangerous, but if you had survived and lived with a supposed god, you should not fear him.

"Mr. Donquixote, you are free to take the prisoner you want, you can take more than one if you want."

"I'll be fine with one... for now."

You swallowed hard as he approached your table, sighing inaudibly as he turned his head to look at another woman on the opposite side of the aisle, you're always unlucky but fate isn't so bad with you, at least sometimes not so bad, more or less...

"You will come with me."

And your heart skipped a beat when you felt a big hand wrap around your wrist, the guy hunched over to get a better look at you, giving you an anything but friendly smile. Fuck fate and luck, from now on you won't believe in anything but physics, biology and math books, today you lost faith.

"Prisioner number six hundred and seventy-five you have already heard, follow your new master, you will collect your belongings immediately."

"Wha- wait, what about my sentence!? Will I be free when it's over!?"

"Keep quiet, details will be sent to your new address."

"Ah..." you calmed down a little because of that, your mind processing everything while he dragged you out, your intrusive thoughts winning for a moment as you exchanged glances with the guard who had hit you, you reached for a hammer from one of the work tables and threw it at his foot "Oh, I dropped it, sorry!"

He couldn't hit you again because you were no longer part of 'their' prisoners, although you resented being treated like something that could be someone's property, right now you just took advantage of being traded as such.

You looked at the guy's neck in silence while you went to get your things, you just hoped that at least he didn't plan to do disgusting things with you, you would be a fugitive for life if that happened because you didnt' intend to spend your days as a sex slave. You frowned, you hadn't even left the island and you already had a feeling that this man was going to give you a lot of headaches.

 You frowned, you hadn't even left the island and you already had a feeling that this man was going to give you a lot of headaches

Lil edit cause i forgot to put this, sorry hfjehe, thx to candiedinsides for this drawing of Mc <3

And someone on quotev said that they imagine Mc as Fio Piccolo from porco rosso and she's so cute i cant- 🤌🏻