O4. Unfortunate visit

Kid woke up a little before you were there to make food, he didn't see Luffy around but he found Law reading on the couch. He grumbled not wanting to have to talk to the idiot, walking around your house to find something to entertain himself with. His eyes widened as he passed through a pile of junk, on one side he could see small trinkets, watches, miniature robots, some pieces of metal joined together to make flowers or wreaths. He frowned bitterly remembering his childhood days with Killer and how his dreams were crushed by other children, if they saw him now, stupids. A certain curiosity invaded his mind when he saw that, surely you liked to build things and innovate.

Hearing the door he watched you walk in, with some grease stains on your face, when your eyes met you gave him a wave that he did not return, however it was Law who spoke.

"Mugiwara-ya has been screaming in search of adventure, I will not be held responsible if he ends up destroying your town."

"I don't think he will cause much more trouble, and I don't feel so familiar with that town either, I only get good treatment for convenience."

You started to prepare the food, you thought that if you left a plate in the window Luffy would be guided by the smell if an animal didn't eat it before, you hoped that at least it wouldn't attract the attention of the marines, dealing with them would give you a headache. You did not stop to eat, moving to the back of your space to take note of your progress with your experiment, occasionally flipping through an old book that made you smile when reading some entries, the boys did not bother you at all times and you were able to start doing the log pose, however you frowned at the insistent knocking on the door. You grumbled as you opened the door, seeing the person standing in front only made your mood more explosive.

"What the hell do you want?" 

“Watch your fucking tongue, harpy." he glanced over his shoulder, noticing Law and Kid now staring at the door like owls watching their prey. "We need you to fix one of our ships."

You moaned in disgust, you couldn't refuse a request even though the group of those pirates was unbearable, you just couldn't say no, no matter how disgusting the person was, that's why that crew bothered you a lot, they hadn't even made an effort to get a carpenter knowing you could do as one.

"I am not going to get the materials, if you don't have them bad luck."

His cheeky smile turned your insides, his hand lifted your chin hard so that your eyes crossed intensely, getting too close to you until they were inches from your mouth.

"Don't worry, we have the necessary things, darling, we need you right now and I would appreciate it if you would stop walking like a prostitute with any guy who crosses the island, after all you belong to us."

You bit your tongue, trying very hard not to hit his nose, you smiled falsely, kicking him out, declaring that you would be there in an hour. When you closed the door, you sighed calmer, murmuring some insults while looking for your overalls so as not to stain your current change, also because it covered your body more. The two men were silent, watching you toss some scrap metal parts in random directions as you searched for your toolbox.

"What was all that (y / n)-ya?"

"Do you remember I told you that on the island there were pirates who bribed the marines?" Law nodded, poking his head back into the book he was reading before all the fuss. "Well, he was one of those bastards."

"What the fuck? Why don't you just kick their ass? Why would you help them?"

Kid even seemed annoyed for not understanding the situation, of course he would solve it with his fists, but that was not your method, not the first, you made a vague gesture, waving your hands to minimize it.

"It is something that you would not understand, I simply cannot refuse someone who asks me for help."

"That's stupid."

"Yeah right? I also thought that way."

You lowered your head feeling the burst of emotions subside, leaving you in a depressed mood for a few moments until you hit your cheeks with both hands, now gloved. You smiled, warning you would go out and warning them not set the house on fire. The redhead stared at the door intently, noticing your change in mood, still somewhat annoyed at his lack of understanding.

"Weirdo..."

He muttered to go back to your junk heap, making some trinkets to distract himself or entertain himself for the moment. Law however kept his attention on the book you read before, he was observing you and noticed how your emotions changed a lot according to what you read in that book, curious to know more about you, he grabbed it noticing that it was not a normal book.

Diary.