O8. Marks

"That's really amazing..."

A smile crept across your features as you contemplated the power of the redhead, who had been playing in the background with your junk while you were cooking, you put the dishes on the table for them since you planned to go back to work on the other pirates' ship, it needed a lot of work but above all patience to deal with them.

You put your tool belt properly tight around your waist, making sure you have everything you need, tying your hair slightly so that it does not disturb your vision, you closed your eyes for a few seconds rearranging your thoughts before opening the door but not before saying goodbye.

"I will be back for dinner, try not-"

"Burn down the house, we already know."

You looked at Law nodding with a slight smile pulling the corner of your lips, closing the door to go to your destination. It was the same as the other day, polishing off some of the past work and starting with other areas that had been ripped or completely destroyed, what were they doing with this ship to make it end like this? You snorted, crunching your finger bones next to those of your back, grunting with satisfaction, though annoying to note that the sun would still be a few hours away. At least those idiots didn't bother you the whole time you were working.

"Hey princess."

Maybe you spoke ahead of time, rolled your eyes, wiped the sweat off your forehead with a cloth, turning around to face the same guy who put you in this situation. You didn't bother to express your displeasure when you spoke to him.

"What?"

"Calm down a little, jeeshz" you crossed your arms, letting his arm slide over your shoulder casually "why don't you come with me? I can make you rest in a good way."

His breath collided with your neck, making your hair stand on end, you smile uncomfortably taking his hand carefully to move him away from you, shaking your head, grabbing the hammer to continue reinforcing, however your refusal only managed to enrage the man, he hit the sides right next to your head, making you turn sharply as you saw how the part you had been working on splintered, your frown deepened.

"Look what you are-!"

His hand covered your mouth with force, tightening his grip on your jaw in a painful way, you grunted struggling in his grip, immediately you were going to hit him with the hammer but he prevented the blow by immobilizing your arm, the grip on your skin was made of iron, you tightened teeth from pain. You weren't going to look like a fool doing nothing, ready to punch him with your free hand, you opened your eyes when from one moment to another the man's figure disappeared, being hit by someone else's body.

"What fun! Franky has to see these things, I'll have to ask the mystery girl."

"Luffy?"

You asked trying not to laugh when you saw how the other man was completely out of action from the blow, you blinked confused as you fixed your eyes on the boots that the strawhat was wearing, it was one of your inventions, well, a fairly old version of some boots that allowed you to jump like a rabbit, if you did not have good handling, they could make you fly in all directions without control.

"Oh you are here!"

You patted your face when you saw how he had some scratches on his arms and legs, probably from colliding with twigs in his hectic but intense trip, you patted his shoulder, pushing him home, it was not getting dark yet but with the added incident of the new damages you decided that for today you weren't going to work anymore. The way home was uneventful, basically Luffy telling random data about his nakamas or adventures, sure that he had lived many fascinating experiences.

A sigh of satisfaction came out of your mouth, without knowing that you were putting up with it all day, you settled on the large sofa, in the individual was Law, reading as always, on the same side, on the other end of the sofa was Kid eyeing a nail gun, the other boy just collapsed on your bed snoring seconds later.

"What are those marks (y / n)-ya?"

You opened one of your eyes, frowning at the man, marks? as if your brain were to detect all your senses again, a slight pain was present in your cheeks and arm, you opened your eyes remembering what had happened before, choking on your own saliva when you saw the reddish mark on your skin, you did not expect that he would have applied so much pressure to leave such a mark.

"Fuck, fucking idiot."

You rubbed your temples, muttering curses as you took the aloe vera from one of the kitchen shelves, you screamed at the sudden touch on your chin, it was a rough movement but it did not cause any damage to your cheeks. Confusion flashed in your eyes as you saw how Kid held your cheeks examining the mark of a large hand on your skin.

"Hey, I need to apply pomade if I don't want the mark to stay longer."

You gently pushed his hands away from your cheeks, patting his shoulder, you sat in the same place, applying the lotion under the watchful eyes of the two men. Kid had an annoyed look, he knew that it was not good to trust people so lightly, he knew it too well, but he did not understand how being the person ─for him a bit annoying─ charitable and willing that you were, how would someone be capable even to hit you? Even he had some dignity, he could explode with anger against you or argue with you about silly things but putting a finger on you was going over his limit, he would not hit anyone who is helping him, especially when you did not even ask for something in return. Seeing the trace of those marks on your skin angered him.

On the other hand, Law was puzzled, having a line of thoughts similar to Kid's, his expression was calmer but that didn't mean he wasn't upset by the situation. He settled into the chair, leaving reading for a moment to focus on your figure, you had a visible grimace of disgust as you traced the traces of red skin, he detected in your movement patterns with signs of notable fatigue, they were quite recognizable patterns for him. He sighed, leaning back in his seat, legs crossed as he laced his tattooed fingers.

"(y / n)-ya you haven't answered my question."

"Huh? oh... sorry." the anger was quickly replaced with regret "Only the idiot of the ship, who also destroyed part of what I had made, the next time I see him I am going to kick him so hard that I will leave him sterile."

You reentered a loop of curses directed at the culprit, both pirates heard you rant about different ways to leave a man without inheritance, they sweated when their ears picked up overly descriptive words about their private parts being mutilated in ways that only a twisted mind could think. They decided to leave you for the moment, you definitely needed to calm down.