O3. Souvenirs and memories

The explosion made Law's eyes widen, he was the only one exalted by the great noise since his companions slept like babies on your mattress, oblivious to one of your new disasters. The surgeon had to fall asleep after some time reading a medical book that you had lying around, obviously having a light sleeper he woke up alarmed to see how most of your house was black smoke.

"Wow, I didn't think it was going to react so badly, oh, good morning Law, I was going to make breakfast now."

You coughed open two large windows, put there because this had already happened more often than you would like to admit, nonchalantly greeting the only man awake, as if your whole face was not black as a brand, your hairs defying gravity or your shoulder on fire. Law made a grinface patting your shoulder on fire with a feeling of nostalgia, it was a long time since he thought about that clumsy man, for a second when looking at your face with a stupid smile he reminded him of that person.

"Can I know what you were doing, (y/n)-ya?"

"I was only playing with some chemical compounds, I need a type of fuel for my 'flying boat.'"

You downplayed it with a vague gesture, focusing on cooking, Luffy woke up seconds after leaving the dishes on the table, attracted by the smell of food, Kid on the other hand would surely continue to sleep until noon.

"How long will it take to get the log pose?"

It took you a while to answer Law's question, thinking that at least it would take you almost a day to make one of those gizmos, assuming they could easily get hold of a ship they shouldn't be stuck on this island for long.

"I think you will be able to sail in two days or so."

"Huh? But that's not enough time to investigate the mysterious island!"

You laughed at the strawhat disappointment while the surgeon sighed with some frustration, he would need some entertainment that he did not want to see that those two did not get into fights, the least they need now was to attract attention. His gaze fell on the book he had been browsing at night before falling asleep, you were supposedly more inclined towards mechanics, it certainly puzzled him to find a book on basic medicine.

"Why do you have a medical book? Do you have more around here? I need to keep my mind occupied."

"Well, you will see that from my experiments I always end up hurting myself unintentionally" you murmured putting some food in your mouth, scratching your cheek in a shy way for admitting that many times you were careless with your own health "Oh, I have more books but I haven't even read them, they seem quite complicated for me, I really just wanted something simple but an old man offered me the pack at a lower price, an offer is an offer, if they serve you something you can keep them."

Law's gaze did not leave you for a few seconds, there should be something wrong with you, it is not normal for someone to be so nice to strangers, hell, you practically let them live in your house and even fed them, he would keep an eye on you just in case, he doesn't need a back stab when he least expects it.

"Ohhh I also want a souvenir from the mystery girl."

You didn't even bother to say something to the boy, you just patted his head assuring that you would get something for him, you had learned that when Luffy proposed something he would not stop until he achieved it or had it, you thanked him that it was a simple mind, surely any nonsense to him would like.

"I will be back at noon, you can do whatever you want as long as you don't set the house on fire."

Without waiting for an answer you left, walking through the forest until you reached a cave covered with brush, you separated the vines accessing an area illuminated by a hole in the ceiling. You smiled when you saw your little invention, it was like a small boat but it had a pedal system like those of a bicycle, it also had propellants and most importantly, the sails, they were not ordinary boat sails, they were lighter and more dynamic than the normal ones. You brushed the fabric with a small smile, fragments of memories invaded your mind, you got rid of them quickly without wanting to waste time. If only he continued here...

"Don't worry, I'll fulfill your dream!"

Your smile widened, grabbing your wrench to readjust some screws, after some repairs you needed to give it a more artistic touch, but you would think about that at another time, for now you will dedicate yourself to repairing the damage.