33. Sparks of electricity

"Do you know that you snore like a chainsaw?"

"What? I think I didn't hear you right."

You rubbed your eye yawning, reaching for the sprayer that rested next to the sofa where you were sleeping, you smiled seeing Enel go pale at your threat, he had become much tamer after you had to spray him a few times because he kept making some random threats to you from time to time, if only to annoy you.

You woke up still half asleep, going to the bathroom to do your daily routine, you thought it was time to kick the 'God', take off those stupid sea prism earrings and tell him to get out of your house, because as much as you appreciated someone's company ─his only at times─ you wanted to continue with one of your wonderful projects and the biggest to this day.

You came out of the bathroom humming, stopping dead at the sight of the man trying to use your pans, you closed your eyes trying not to laugh at how Enel put on a pink apron while juggling food, or whatever it was that was putting in the pan...

"THAT IS NOT OIL, IT IS VARNISH!"

The last thing you wanted to have to do right now is deal with vomiting or stomach cleansing, you pushed him away from the stove watching him trying to cook meat in some kind of sauce, you didn't know if it could be considered that, but it was an attempt.

"I was doing a good job, don't interrupt me human."

"Yeah, good job to kill an entire population by poisoning, why didn't you ask me for help? I can teach you to cook simple things."

You hit yourself mentally, immediately denying, this guy asking for help would be like asking Luffy not to eat for a whole day, impossible, even if he wanted to learn, he was too proud to ask you, but he watched silently and attentively how you did it, noticing his powerful look you decided that he could do some things; cut the vegetables, season the meat, get the other ingredients...

It was a strangely calming experience, you didn't talk beyond your mutterings about how he should do things or what ingredient to pass you, he was much calmer and just let you order, more focused on sticking with the steps, ingredients and cooking methods. As if the two of you have been in a silent agreement not to 'war' during this time.

"And all that remains is to plate..."

You turned without noticing how Enel was closer than you remembered, crashing directly into his arm, he caught you with the other, holding you by the waist while he had a shit-eating smile for having startled you, breaking the pleasant moment.

"Falling into my arms at last, huh?"

You sighed, you didn't even feel like threatening him at this point, today you were too tired to start fights, you looked at him with a small smile just as stupid as his, only yours was sarcastic just like your words.

"Oh, yes, I have fallen before your great divinity Enel, how terrible for me."

You hugged his figure letting out an exaggerated sigh and dramatizing the scene as if you really meant what you were saying, without even noticing how the blonde's face contorted completely, not expecting that reaction from you and unknowingly missed having your figure under his arms surrounding you. He let it go for now, he had other plans after all.

That same afternoon, after you returned from the cave where you kept your plane, when you entered the house you decided that it was time, you approached his figure that was resting on your sofa, reading any book completely disinterested, he was encouraged to see you in a once for all.

"I have good news for you great God." you enhanced his figure with amusement in your words, only for his interest and good humor to increase "I can return your pow-"

You didn't even have time to finish when you already had the man grabbing your hands and intertwining them with his, looking at you desperately to be able to deliver his justice again.

"Make them come back- you-" he repeated his sentence, noticing your warning look in case he was going to say something disrespectful towards you, wouldn't it be convenient for him now that he is one step away from not being weakened "please?"

"Sure, but I need my hands back."

He slowly released your hands, letting you maneuver with ease since his long ears made it easy to remove his earrings, you smiled when he saw his incredulous look as if he felt stupid that his troubles were over something so insignificant.

"That's all from me, you are free to go, and you can do what you want with these."

You handed him the earrings with a mocking smile, a smile that was immediately erased when his hands reconnected with yours, only this time a small shock of electricity ran through your entire body making you scream.

"Mmmh, it seems that everything is back to normal now, I don't need those stupid jewels, destroy them."

You recovered from the shock as soon as his body moved closer to yours, as if he wanted to impose his figure on you, you frowned looking at his pretty blue eyes.

"The spark of electricity was necessary?"

"I was just checking some things..." you shuddered to see how his face got closer to yours, but you didn't back down, you only deepened your frown "...now, one last thing."

"Wha-"

Your words caught between his lips as he moved quickly to capture them between yours, his hand resting on the back of your neck to slightly deepen the experience, so surprised at his actions you didn't even reciprocate, but he didn't care at all, his smug smile seeing you like this was enough.

"I think we both have things we want to focus on, but that doesn't mean you won't meet a God like me again, you're a very interesting human."

And, without saying anything else, without looking into your eyes again or taking you out of the trance in which he had left you, he left the same way he came, in such a spontaneous and fleeting way that you barely had time to realize that he was no longer there. No more egotistical gods at last.