"Few hours"

Vatsala pov

Right now I am in my parents tent with Nira bhai. Within few hours they all are going to go to the battle field. We were all sent to our tents to sleep but sleep never came. All I could do was imagine a life without him. I will be left alone with my child. I had a hard time having a child and he was my biggest support. I know I should support him too but....

Revathi : Vatsu is everything alright?

Me : I am just scared.

Niramitra : of what?

Me : What if something happens to Arya. I can't take care of Meera alone and I don't want to be left alone.

Niramitra : None of us are going to leave you alone.

Me : I want Suhotra with me.

Niramitra : I promise you I will make sure nothing happens to Suhotra.

Me : Okay.

Balaram : I hope you both stay like this forever.

Niramitra : Pitashree don't get emotional. So why you call us?

Pitashree and Matashree smiled at each. The both went to their trunks and got out two swords. It wasn't any regular sword it was a beautiful sword.

Revathi : Putri my grand ma gave me this when I got married to your father she told me to give it to my first daughter. My grand ma was a warrior like you.

Me : Matashree I am not going to fight.

Revathi : You are my dear. You might not fight physically but mentally you are.

All I could do was smile. Niramitra also got a sword from Pitashree. We were all supposed to meet everyone outside.

Dhirsthduyman pov

Yudhisthir : We are still lacking a commander.

Virat : Samrat if you don't mind me saying I think Raj Arjun will be perfect for the role.

Me : Forgive me Maharaj but I have no interest in becoming the commander I was once and I would like to give someone else a chance. Maybe Karn?

Karn : No. Samrat if you don't mind can we place Dhirsthduyman as the commander?

I looked shocked. If it was years ago I would haven't thought twice but now.

Me : I think Abhi, Praduyman, Nishant or Srinivas should do it.

Uloopi : No Dhirsthduyman it should be you. They are young and lack much experience.

Praduyman : That hurt.

Uloopi : Just like your father. Dhirsthduyman if there is anyone suitable for this role its you. I know we all here agree. After all Draupadi is your sister.

Pragathi : What does that have to do with everything?

Uloopi : You will know it soon.

Me : I accept.

Draupadi : Good. Girls before sending your husband to war we have to do arthi for them.

Uttara : Ma Anandhi didn't want to come out and she asked me to do it.

I saw Cabir's face fall.

Subhadra : Thats it I am pulling her out of her room.

Vrushali : Bhabhi please don't. Poor girl she has been through a lot. I will do it for my son.

With that Siya came forward with her arthi. After finishing she looked at me.

Siya : Come back alive or I will kill you in heaven.

Me : As you wish my queen.

Krish : Why are you three doing it for me? I am not even going to fight.

Satyabhama : You are going to be the charioteer for Arjun and we all he is sort of careless. I am not going to lose my husband that way.

Arjun : Satya you don't trust me?

Satyabhama nodded no.

Arjun : I am hurt.

Uloopi : Friend like friend.

All of us laughed and silently prayed this wasn't our last laugh. I looked in the side and saw the kids staring at their wife's in a mixture of sadness and hope. I can't believe it. When we were their age we just enjoyed our life and never once thought about death but looking at them. Cabir noticed me looking at them.

Cabir : Mamashree at least we know one thing.

Me : What?

Cabir : At least our kids won't go through this