"Misunderstandings"

Draupadi pov

Seeing all my kids together is super fun. They are all telling me what happened in their lives how they got married and its super fun to listen to them. But at the same time I could feel the tension among them. I don't feel like everyone is in a good marriage. I know Karma and Mirnal are not and they don't seem to hide it. But the rest.

I told all this to Arya Bheem who asked me to stop thinking about this and focus on the upcoming wedding. I was going towards the kitchen to check if the food was proper when I heard a familiar voice.

"How many times have I told you."

"Ma I am sorry I thought it will be fun..."

"FUN! You are always scaring the hell out of us. Why can't you be a good kid like Parikshit? Always destroying something or the other."

Me : That is enough Naira.

Naira and Karthik

Naira - Daughter of Siya and Dhirsthduyman

Naira - Daughter of Siya and Dhirsthduyman. Wife of Karthik. Mother of Kairav. Used to be a loving girl but after her marriage with Karthik everything changed. At first they were super close but due to a misunderstanding they stopped talking to each other. Remains a distance from everyone including her friends. Doesn't have time for Kairav or in other words distance herself from him.

Karthik - Son of Bheem and Draupadi. Husband of Naira. Father of Kairav. Loves Naira a lot but due to a misunderstanding stopped talking to her. Cares for Kairav a lot. At first he didn't want to have Kairav as he felt they were too young. Even though he cares for him he doesn't give much time for him. Best friend of Suthakarma.

Kairav - Son of Naira and Karthik. A very jolly kid or at least tries to be. Sad that his parents don't give him any time and always tries some mischief to get their attention. Hates to be compared to Parikshit.

Naira looked at me. Kairav came and hugged me.

Naira : Ma please don't come in between.

Me : Even I have had kids and I don't remember scolding them like this.

Naira : Thats the mistake you made. I would have had a perfect life. A perfect life. Your son destroyed everything and now my son is also like this. Maybe if you had stayed none of this would have happened.

Me : What are you telling Naira?

Naira : YOU STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND! IF YOU HAD STAYED IN YOUR SON'S LIFE I WOULDN'T BE HIS WIFE.

I just looked at her. Out of nowhere Suthakarma arrived.

Suthakarma : I heard screaming is everyone alright?

Naira : DO I LOOK ALRIGHT?

Suthakarma : Yeah you look fine. Okay quick question red roses or sunflowers.

I didn't say anything.

Naira : Red roses will be good.

Suthakarma : Thanks babhi. Hey champ lets go get some red roses for our love.

Kairav : But you don't love Mirnal Ma.

Suthakarma : Yeah but its her birthday got to get her something. So lets go. You guys continue talking.

With that Suthakarma took Kairav away.

Naira : See even Kairav knows that Suthakarma hates Mirnal and doesn't love her. Congrats you are the best mother in the world.

Me : Naira....

Naira : No don't stop me.

Me : I wasn't planning on stopping. I wanted to know if we can go to my room and talk.

Naira nodded and followed me. When I entered I was welcomed by Mirnal's presence.

Mirnal : Arya didn't get me anything.

Naira rolled her eyes and I didn't know what to say.

Me : Darling come back later.

Mirnal : No. Every year I get him something for his birthday but he doesn't do anything for me. You know thats rude.

Naira : Darling if you don't listen to us you won't have another birthday.

Mirnal : Seriously Naira. By the way what are you doing here?

Me : I am having a chat with her and now you also.

Mirnal : What about me?

Me : The world knows you and Suthakarma hate each other.

Mirnal : So?

Me : Do you two actually hate each other?

Mirnal : Well...he cares for me from time to time.

Me : And?

Mirnal : Maybe I do like him a bit.

Me : Good. Now go and find him and tell him that.

Mirnal : He will kill me.

Me : Or he will love you back. Look when I was your age I played kamadev for all of your parents except you two.

Mirnal : You never met my mom. I have never seen my parents.

Naira : Mine just randomly fell in love.

Me : Sort of but it doesn't mean they were having troubles. Like when Siya decided to go and help Chitra. Bhai was angry at her for years related to that. I am not shocked you never noticed Naira they never wanted you to know.

Naira : But why?

Me : Well they wanted you to understand that they love each other and will always be together for your sake.

Naira : Wow. I never thought about that.

Mirnal : Me neither. You are right I mean we both our stupids. Not only does this lady hate her son but she also hates her husband.

Naira : I don't hate my son.

Mirnal : Sure.

Me : Why do you hate Karthik?

Naira : I never wanted to marry him. I sort of liked Suthakarma and he liked me too.

Mirnal : I knew it. Even during our wedding you both kept looking at each other. Sad looks.

Naira : Exactly. Except before I could tell my parents they fixed it with Karthik. I didn't want to let my parents down so I agreed. I thought I could start afresh with him but I couldn't.

Me : Why?

Naira : It was around the same time I had Kairav when he found out I liked Suthakarma. We had a huge argument which resulted me almost having a...

Mirnal : Miscarriage. Ever since then Naira looked distant.

Naira : I did.

Me : Has ever tried talking to you.

Naira : He did but I ignore him.

Me : Talk to him.

Naira : You think.

Me : trust me you have to.

Naira : Fine I will.

Mirnal : You are good.

Me : Like I said kamadev.

Mirnal : So I assume your married life was good too.

My happy face went down a bit.

Me : Sort of.

I don't want to talk about it.