Book 2: Chapter 5: I Hate Sand Part II

Book 2: Land of Sand

Chapter 5: I Hate Sand Part II

Moments later, I rubbed the red handprint on my cheek while the little girl hummed, wearing my shirt, which basically fit like an oversized purple sweater over her. Though after calming down, she seemed to be fine somehow and took to sitting next to me as Kasai gave her the creeps—Her words, not mine—I tried telling him to hide his killing intent but something, something, something my sister would kill me if I let you die to your own stupidity.

"So, Onii-chan got any food?"

"Yeah... but you can call me Yuki. And that's Kasai." I said, digging through my bag for rations. "What's your name?"

Looking over my shoulder, the little girl smiled from ear to ear. "I'm Sayana formerly from the Sand Village, Onii-chan."

"Sayana, that's a cute name," I said, giving her a head pat before I handed her a ration bar.

"Eww rations! I hate those things!"

"It's all we have because someone put us through a sandstorm," Kasai muttered with a slight glance towards Sayana.

"Mister Kasai is pretty scary," Sayana said as she took a bite of the ration, making a sick face.

"Tell me about it," I said with a sigh. "But on a serious note, could you lower the sandstorm?"

"Nuh-Uh," Sayana shook her head as her mouth was full. "I only had enough chakra to start it, not stop it. They didn't need me to stop it."

"Whose they?" Kasai glared at Sayana, who quickly hid behind me.

"People like you." Sayana stuck her tongue out at Kasai, making me laugh.

"You think this is funny? You do realize while we're stuck here, Sui could get hurt."

"Oh, what happened to believing in destiny?" I said, laughing as I knew Sui would be fine in any situation. If anything, I'd be more worried about the enemy, seeing as she's probably pissed that we're missing.

"I really should've killed you," Kasai muttered as he walked towards the entrance leaving me to talk to Sayana.

"Though Sayana, do you remember their names, what they look like?"

"Well..." Sayana held onto her chin. Which was simply adorable to look at because her hands barely made it out of her sleeves. "Only if you promise to save my sister."

"So she's still alive?"

"For now. Lord Orochimaru is taking care of her. Said she was in a coma due to the Curse Mark. Th-that I could save her if I helped out his personal bodyguards in a mission. Said he needed my control over sand."

"Orochimaru has bodyguards?"

"Yeah! Five super evil-looking people. There's this one guy with 6 arms! Almost like a spider. Then a bald fat guy. I saw him pick up a boulder once. A gloomy-looking guy with two heads, I think. I don't know. Onee-chan says people can't have two heads, but it made a scary face at me one time. Oh, there was also this white-haired guy who didn't say much, but they listened to him. In fact, he was somewhat nice to me. And then there was this red-haired demon of a girl who attacked my sister simply for looking at her. She scares me the most."

I scratched my cheek as I had a feeling who that was. There weren't that many people with red hair who'd attack you for looking at them. At least, I hoped not. Though, knowing that Kimimaro was here made me tense up. Sui may be able to fight him in a one-on-one, but if the other three are just as strong, they may need us—

Sayana pulled at my sleeve. "What's wrong Onii-chan?"

"I have a feeling I know who those guards are. The white-haired one, Kimimaro, we've fought before."