|42| - Why Do You Even Care

Lucy licked her lips, which were laced with the whipping cream that was on her milkshake. She looked down at her ring finger that has her wedding ring on. 'He doesn't know anything about me and Kol...'

...

Kol was sitting on the couch, making a house of cards with Bonita and Cory, when the doorbell rang. "I will get it," he says getting up from the couch and walking over to the door. 

He opens the door and sees that there's no one there. He was about to close the door, when he notice a parcel on the floor. He picks it up and brings it into the house.

"What's that?" Cory asks, looking at the parcel.

"OH!" Dahlia exclaims as she bring a tray of tacos in. "Is that mine? I orders a dress online for Sheila. We are having a tea party and I have to, HAVE TO,  get her a better gift than Esther. Otherwise, it would look bad as the older sister."

"Ah... It's for me." He says, looking at name label. He frowns in confusion. "I never ordered anything."

"Then, open it and see. Maybe Lucy sent you a gift."

"If that's then, I will go upstairs and open it alone." He says with a grin, running up the stairs. 

"HEY! NO FAIR!" Dahlia screams.

Kol gets into his room and moves toward the table. He rips the tape off and opens the parcel with excitement.

...

Lucy unlocks the door and walks into the house with a smile. "Guys! You know what happened today?! The investors-" She pauses as she walks into the living room, where all the Mikaelsons sat with a shocked expression, or rather an expression of disbelief. "What happened?"

Her eyes fell on Kol as she looked at all of them. He was on the floor. His eyes red from crying, perhaps, because there were no more tears rolling from his cheeks. 

"Kol." She moved towards him, but she was stopped when Kol showed her his hand to make her stop. 

He sniffles, before getting up. "Don't."

"Why? What happened? Why were you crying?" She asked with a subtle amount of panic in her voice as she asked him, placing a hand on his shoulder.

He moves her hand off his shoulder, causing her to look at him with wide eyes. "I said, don't. And why do you even care? You were about to leave us anyways."