|3| - Lighten up

Kol's POV

I was with Lucy, in the room, Lucy prepared for her date with Niklaus. The room was decorated with pink roses and candles.

"So, Nik ditched your little date plan?" I asked. Lucy sighed.

'This is the third time he left her on a date. For gods' sake Nik! Your girl is doing so much! Show some love for it! I would be over the roof, if I had someone like her!' I thought.

"He said he needed to handle matters with Esther. I prepped all this for nothing. Maybe I should stop the whole planning of a date thing, until Esther leaves or dies." I could see Lucy's shoulders and head drop in sadness.

"Oh, come on, darling. Don't look so sad. I am here. Let's make this dinner for friends." I said, as I placed a hand on her shoulder. "I will eat everything you cooked."

Lucy lifted her head and smiled brightly. "You will?!" I chuckled seeing her happy.

"Yeah. Why let such good effort go to waste?"

"Come!" Lucy dragged me to the table, and we sat down. Lucy served me the food excitedly. "Here, try it."

I took a bite and Lucy looked like she was waiting for feedback. I savored the taste and said, "it's good. I like the flavor."

"Oh, good." Lucy said with relieved expression.

"Why were you so worried?" I asked her, as I noticed her being tense.

"First time cooking for someone aside from me." My eyes widened.

"First time? And I ate it? Oh, this was supposed to be special for Nik."

I felt sad and angry. Nik missed out on something that was important to Lucy.

"It doesn't matter anymore. At least you ate it. So, it wasn't all that bad. You seem to enjoy it and it makes me happy." She said with her angelic smile.

"Well, your food does have this homely taste to it. That is why I am enjoying it." I said as I took a bite.

Lucy smiled as she watched me eat the food she prepared. I enjoyed her food. I was tasty.

...

Third Person POV

"Nik, can we go on a date?" Lucy asked Niklaus as she held his hand. "Esther is dead. No more problems."