|6| - Unlike you

Third Person POV

Lucy and Kol were sitting on the couch, with one-month-old Cole in their arms. They were playing with Cole, until suddenly Dahlia showed up.

"Who are you?!" Kol screamed in anger as he stood up with Lucy.

"I am Dahlia, your maternal aunt. Esther's older sister. Your mother made a deal with me to produce offspring. The condition was that I would get to have the first born of each generation." Dahlia said with a crooked smile. "Your mother gave me your older sister Freya for the first generation. Now I have come for your son. He is the first born."

"Well, you can forget about it! We won't give you our son!" Kol screamed.

"I am being nice. Don't make me angry." Dahlia said before walking towards Lucy, who was holding Cole.

Lucy scowled at her and held Cole close to her chest. "Stop your steps. No one touches my son!" Lucy said.

"Oh don't worry. I won't hurt him. I will just use him to channel magic. Can I see him?"

Lucy hesitated and narrowed her eyes at Dahlia. She read her thoughts. 'I want to see what my grandnephew looks like. I am sure he will be cute and adorable.'

Lucy smile at her thoughts and showed Cole to her. Dahlia was surprised by her smile, but when her eyes landed on Cole, she smiled softly and reached out to touch his cheek. Kol held her wrist before she could touch Cole.

"Kol, she won't hurt him." Lucy said to Kol before turning to Dahlia. "This is Cole. Do you want to hold him?" Dahlia smiled and nodded. Lucy carefully handed Cole to her.

Dahlia looked at Cole with adoration. Cole smiled and giggled as she held him. "He is cute." Kol and Lucy smiled.

"Umm. If you try to take him away from me, I swear it will be your last day." Lucy said.

"She is right. We will kill you in no time." Kol said.

"Darling, I am the most powerful witch. And on second thought, I won't take him from you both. You let me hold him and I love my grandnephew. Can I come by and see him sometimes?"

Lucy and Kol beamed. "Of course!" Lucy said.

"I can't believe I am holding my grandnephew."

"Sister." Esther showed up.

"You." Dahlia said with a grim look.

"How did you come back alive?!" Kol asked.

"The witches in New Orleans revived me. How are you son?"

"I was perfectly alright before you showed up."

"You are Lucy? The mother of my grandchild?"

"Yes."

"What are you doing here, Esther?" Dahlia asked.

"I am here to protect my grandchild."

"You don't need to protect Cole for her. She would hurt Cole." Lucy said.

"What? But he is the first born. She will take him from you!"

"No, I won't." Dahlia said. "You see, Lucy and Kol allowed me to come visit Cole whenever I want. Lucy trusted me with Cole, so I am not going to separate them."

"That is unlike you, Sister."

"No. It isn't. I have always loved my family. You betrayed me by leaving me and marrying a Viking warrior. I resented you for it. But that does not mean that I don't love my nephews, nieces, and grandnephew." Dahlia said.

Esther sighed. "Sister, I was in love with Mikael."

"So? Does that make it alright to turn your back on your sister?" Dahlia asked as she handed Cole back to Lucy, so she could face Esther.

Lucy and Kol move back to give the sisters some space.

"I know it was wrong of me. But I had no choice. You wouldn't let me be with a Viking warrior, since you despised them."

"Yes, because what they did was wrong!"

They two sisters bickered for a while and then reconciled. The two sister sat down and spent time with the three. Lucy and Kol explained to them about Cole and how they were together.

"Niklaus." Esther and Dahlia gritted their teeth.

"That foolish son." Esther said.

"Look on the brighter side, Esther. Your son, Kol, is now with Lucy. I assume he treats you well?" Dahlia asked Lucy.

"Most definitely! I am happy with him! He loves Cole as his own and loves me too." Lucy said as she hugged Kol's arm with a smile. "I love him a lot!" She said as she kissed his cheek.

"I love you too." Kol said before kissing her head.

The two sisters smiled seeing the couple.

"So, Mother, you won't kill me, right?" Kol asked.

"No, I won't. You seem to be in control and you are taking good care of them. They need you. And I wouldn't want to separate you from your son and lover." Esther said with a smile. "I love you, Lucy, and Cole."

"Same." Dahlia said.

"It looks like you gained my mother and aunt's favor." Kol teased Lucy with a smirk. All of them chuckled as Lucy blushed.

...

Few months later, Dahlia tried to take Hope away from Niklaus as revenge for hurting Lucy and Kol.

The Mikaelsons called Kol for help. Kol went to them and helped them from the sideline. He came to like Dahlia, so he didn't want to hurt her. He did try to stop Dahlia with Lucy. They weren't able to convince her.

Dahlia was killed in the process of getting revenge with Esther.

All of them could talk to Dahlia and Esther due to Lucy's power of spirit communication.