169

"We did it

"We did it." Emma announced as they burst through the door of the main room of the Dark Castle, finding Rumplestiltskin standing at the table, surrounded by potions and ingredients as if he'd been experimenting for a while.

"Your parents are together?" He asked, stirring a bottle which he held in his hands.

"They're right back on track." Emma nodded her head as the four of them came to stand at the table, Killian carrying the still unconscious woman over his shoulder.

"And we are ready to go back." Odette announced eagerly, eyes scanning over everything littering the table, wondering what among it would be of use to them.

"I see. And you brought some luggage?" He pointed to the woman.

"Long story." Emma sighed, not willing to get into it all.

"You won't be missing her." Odette reassured, hoping it would be enough for him to let the extra passenger slide without any further questions.

"So, our portal? Our way back home? Can you open it?" Aramis asked beginning to grow impatient now that they were so close to the end of this blasted trip to the past.

"I cannot." The Dark One announced in an unbothered voice, making their eyes widen as they stared at him in shock.

"Then what are you working on?" Emma asked in disbelief.

"Oh, this is for me. A forgetting potion. I know too much about my future. The only way to protect it, is to forget it." Even though she was pissed at him, Odette had to appreciate his approach to the entire thing. It would fix some of her worries, at least, when it came to the man knowing everything they said.

"Well, what about this wand? You said that could help us." Emma continued on asking her questions, pointing to the wand she recognized as the one they'd used to switch Pan and Henry's bodies back in Storybrooke; the Black Fairy's wand.

"Oh, that. Well, apparently, only those who used the portal can reopen it. So unless you can wield magic, I'm afraid, you're going nowhere." He announced, throwing the wand into Emma's hands as he looked between her and Odette. "And from what I've seen. You can't." He mocked.

"So, you just expect us to stay here? What about protecting your precious future?" Killian bit back at the man in anger.

"That's exactly what I'm going to do." Rumpelstiltskin's ominous words had all four of them taking a step back, Killian and Aramis going as far as drawing their swords as their minds jumped to the worst conclusion.

"He means to kill us."

The accusation made the Dark One giggle in amusement, and Odette really wanted to punch him in the face in that moment. "No. I mean to put you someplace safe. Someplace even I dare not go. Where I store the magic that is too dark or unpredictable even for me."

"We can-" Odette tried to reason with him, tried to explain that Emma can get there and use magic, they'd just need a tiny bit of time to get it to work. However, she didn't even get to properly begin speaking before a red mist circled around them and their surroundings changed.