65

Just as Odette expected, her manipulations had worked, and the Dark One remained in the apartment with them while Emma went to drop off Henry with his father

Just as Odette expected, her manipulations had worked, and the Dark One remained in the apartment with them while Emma went to drop off Henry with his father. Gold remained close to Mary Margaret in case Regina decided to simply show up without giving anyone in another area of the apartment time to prepare. Unlike him, Odette and David were in the kitchen, David cleaning up after breakfast while the blonde kept him company.

"You know, sometimes, I'm really glad you're on our side and not theirs." David said in a quiet tone, eyes glancing towards Gold who was calmly moving around the apartment to occupy his time.

"I know you are, Charming." Odette let out a small laugh before adding on the reality of the situation. "Although, even if I hadn't done that, we'd still end up in the same place. Emma would have told Neal about the curse; he'd ask Gold for help and Gold would have said yes then. I just sped up the yes." She shrugged her shoulders. "And made sure he helps in the way we wanted him to."

"Well, none of us though to do it that way." David pointed out. It sometimes amazed him not only how her mind could so quickly come up with such solutions but also how she was entirely unafraid to do it. Not many would have had the courage to attempt blackmailing the Dark One.

The sound of Odette's phone ringing had all eyes turning to her curiously as she picked up the call. "Henry escaped." Were the first words she heard when she answered. Despite her surprise, Odette was quick to put it on speaker so everyone else could hear it too as she responded.

"What do you mean Henry escaped? Escaped where?" She questioned in a worried tone, the reveal of what had been said to cause such a shift in her demeanour now setting David on edge as well.

"He tricked Neal and ran. We have no idea where he's going." Emma said. "I was hoping you could come and help. Fly around see if you can spot him?" She asked and Odette was quick to jump to her feet.

"Of course, I'll be..." Odette spoke as she started to reach for her jacket, and then halted as her eyes caught sight of the brace around her wrist. "Damn it, I can't fly." She remembered, something that Emma too had forgotten in the moment if the sigh she let out was anything to go by.

"I forgot that. I'm sorry." The blonde's voice reached from Odette's phone.

"I'll come. And we can ask Ruby for help." David announced, his voice somewhat raised to ensure Emma could also hear him on the other end of the line as he stepped up next to Odette. Grabbing his jacket, he looked at the blonde and added. "You stay here. Keep an eye on them."

Odette nodded her head in acceptance. She wanted to go too, even if she couldn't fly, but she also didn't trust Rumplestiltskin enough to leave him alone here with Mary Margaret. Knowing him, he'd find some kind of reason that would make him need to leave and abandon his duties if there was no one there to tell on him.

"Everything's going to turn out okay, you'll see." Odette spoke into the phone as David headed out of the apartment. The fact that Henry was running at the mere suggestion of someone taking him away from Storybrooke at least meant he wouldn't be leaving town this time. And since Regina had to come here first before she could do anything to him, Odette was sure it would all turn out fine.