76

Needing to keep busy as they waited for Emma and Regina as well as David and Killian to each do their parts before they could go and rescue everyone from the slowly destructing town, Odette found herself standing behind the counter at Granny's as ...

Needing to keep busy as they waited for Emma and Regina as well as David and Killian to each do their parts before they could go and rescue everyone from the slowly destructing town, Odette found herself standing behind the counter at Granny's as she prepared two cups of hot cocoa, trying to work without constantly bumping her arm into the hilt of her sword. If they were going home, she sure as hell wasn't leaving it behind.

"It's all gonna turn out okay, kid. You'll see." She tried to cheer up Henry who sat on one of the stools with a face so sad it made Odette willing to do anything to cheer him up. He was always the one who looked at everything with optimism, she couldn't understand why this time was any different. "Nobody's gonna let you be left alone, okay?"

"It's not that, it's about..." Henry started to explain, looking up at Odette and noticing the curious look in her eyes as she gently nodded for him to go on. Only then did Henry realize she didn't actually know what else could be bothering him. "Odette, something else happened." He said, making her brows furrow in confusion. No one had mentioned anything else.

But before Henry could either, the small bell above Granny's door rang out, and all eyes turned to watch David and Killian rush inside, Emma shortly behind them as David announced he got the bean. It was enough to get everyone to stir and stand to their feet. All were ready to get out of here before it's too late.

"Wh—where's my mom?" Henry asked, being the first to notice Regina's absence as he stepped towards Emma with a worried look on his face. The question made others start wondering the same thing.

Somewhat hesitant, Emma placed her hands on her son's shoulders as she started to explain. "Regina can hold off the self-destruct device long enough for us to escape, but..." She trailed off, unsure of how to tell him what would ultimately happen in the end.

"But what?"

"She won't survive."

"No. No." Henry violently shook his head, ready to protest the idea with everything he had but Emma put a stop to it before he could even start.

"Henry, I'm sorry. I promised her I'd get you to safety." Emma pleaded with her son. She knew from the start it would be hard to convince him to do it like this, but in her mind, there was no other choice.

"But we can't do this! She's family! We don't leave family behind!" Henry continued to put up a fight. And this time, he had someone joining him in it.

"I'm with the kid," Odette spoke up, making Emma turn around so she could look at her too. Despite the anger she may have felt towards Regina, Odette wasn't about to let this just happen. It wasn't right. "We can't just save ourselves at the expense of Regina's life."

"This is what she wants. We have a way out. We have to take it." Emma tried again.

"We saved her from being killed by the Wraith. How is this any different?" Henry questioned, and while there was an argument to be made about all the ways in which it really was a different situation, mention of the Wraith still had an idea coming up in Odette's mind.