63

For the longest time, everything seemed to be going well

For the longest time, everything seemed to be going well. They seemed to be fine. And then that changed. Odette was busy reading one of the books Belle had left around the shop to occupy her time when everything around her started to shake. Objects clanged and clattered, and everyone stopped what they were doing.

"It's them." David announced as he walked into the room. "Regina and Cora, they're here." He said knowingly, handing Emma a sword he'd managed to find within the shop. Odette made a quick motion of abandoning the book in her hands and replacing it with her own sword.

The five of them gathered together at the front of the store and did so just in time as the door swung open despite the protective charms placed on it. With nothing stopping them, Regina and Cora made their way into the shop. "Regina, think about what you're doing." Emma, who hadn't been here to see how truly gone Regina was, tried to get the woman to relent while there was still time.

"Don't talk to me." Regina snarled, a fire ball forming in her hand as she stared Emma down. She was getting ready to throw it at the woman, but the ball never met its target as David jumped ahead and deflected it with his sword.

Angered by the interference, Regina waved her hand through the air, seemingly pulling David along with an invisible string before tossing him out the door of the pawn shop which closed soon after. Emma called out to him, about to run forward but before she had a chance to make any progress, Cora's focus turned on her.

Emma was thrown across the air right as Neal charged at Cora, forcing her to disappear through her purple smoke before he could reach her. But luckily, in the process, she lost the dagger. It dropped to the floor and Odette was about to jump forward and reach for it, however Regina reacted before she could.

Grabbing hold of Odette's shoulder, she pushed her back before also using magic for good measure and threw her into one of the display cases. In an attempt to brace her fall, Odette tried to grab hold of anything in her vicinity. That however, resulted in her wrist twisting at an odd angle as she fell and the pain which spread through it was nearly instant.

She did her best to ignore it, using her good hand to push off of the floor and turn back to Regina who was now focused on trying to reach the dagger. However, over the woman's shoulder, Odette caught Emma's eye and an idea sparked in her mind. Subtly, she reached for the necklace around neck, silently letting Emma know what was going to happen so she could use it to her advantage. And once the blonde nodded, Odette removed the pendant from her neck.

A bright flash of light spread through the shop, forcing Neal, Regina and Cora to all stop their fighting in an attempt to shield themselves from it. And it was enough for Emma to grab hold of Regina at a moment's notice. By the time the light receded, a swan now standing where Odette used to be, everyone could see Emma holding on to Regina in a vice grip, a sharp object pressed against her neck.

"Now I get the flying and the biting." Neal muttered out, working through his shock before his eyes returned to Cora who was constantly shifting between focusing on the dagger between them and her daughter. "What's it gonna be?" He questioned, tightening the hold on his sword.