51

In the end, the decision was made

In the end, the decision was made. Whale was saving the man's life. And then they'd figure out what to do next when he was well again. With things like magic at their disposal, even if he had seen something there was always a possibility of 'convincing' him he hadn't.

Odette, unable to just sit around and wait for news, found herself in a hidden away room of the hospital, glaring at the only man occupying it as he seemed to sleep. Or at least she thought so until he spoke. "Missed me already, love?" Killian's bright eyes finally opened as he looked towards Odette with a smirk on his lips.

 "Missed me already, love?" Killian's bright eyes finally opened as he looked towards Odette with a smirk on his lips

"I'm just making sure Rumplestiltskin hasn't come back and killed you yet." Odette denied the suggestion. If anything, her life would be much easier if he'd listened to the Dark One's threat and simply sailed off. "Considering I wasted a favour on your life, it would be a shame if it turned out to be in vain."

"Why don't you come closer, I'll show you why it was worth it." The suggestive look on his face made Odette hold back a scowl from her own as she did just what he wanted. She came closer, feigning interest in his words, watching his proud smirk widen. Until she made it disappear.

Her hand jabbed into his ribs, making the pirate groan out in pain as he squirmed away from her, unable to get far in the confines of the bed he was tied to. "Because I get to do it myself?" She gave her own suggestion in answer to his. "Belle's my friend you know? I don't like people hurting my friends. It makes me a bit... murderous."

Her words made Killian laugh despite the pain it caused him. "I find that hard to believe. You're one of the good guys. A hero." He groaned out, his tone almost mocking while amusement painted all over his features. "You don't have the stomach for it."

"Now that," Odette said, leaning closer as her voice came dangerously low, finger brushing down his chin. And as it did, Hook could feel the bumps and scars which marred her palm. "Is where you'd be wrong."

Maybe it was the smile on her face as she delivered her threats, or the look in her eyes, but somehow, Killian started to think she wasn't lying. It made him suspect that he'd misjudged the blonde woman standing at his bedside. It was a rare occurrence for him, certainly.