159

Drinking, gambling, and a lot of yelling

Drinking, gambling, and a lot of yelling. That was the scene the group of four had their eyes glued to as they sat around a table in a tavern. "There I am. Rather dashing, don't you think?" Killian commented, eyes watching his past self before turning to the rest of the group with a joking smile.

"Is this even a good idea? What about preserving the future?" Emma questioned in an uncertain voice, glancing back at past Killian with all of her doubts written on her face.

"It'll be fine. Given what I'm drinking, if I remember anything, I'll simply blame the rum." Killian reassured them with ease. "Just make sure that I - he - remains occupied. Doesn't return to my ship. I'll take care of the rest."

At his words, both Aramis and Emma's eyes soon turned to Odette, everyone clearly expecting it to be her who distracts the pirate and keeps him away from the Jolly Roger. An idea that didn't sit too well with her. "Are you sure he won't remember?" She couldn't help but ask, the worry clear on her face.

"Trust me, love, I know how I drink."

"And I mean, if he does, it can't change too much, you only meet in Storybrooke and you're the queen of denial no matter what he does." Emma pointed out in a dismissive tone, her little jab making Aramis let out a laugh he didn't even bother trying to hide.

It made Odette glare in his direction before turning back to Emma as she explained her own hesitation. "I'm not worried about what happens in Storybrooke." She pointed out. "We met before that too, here. In the past, or our timeline, the right timeline, whatever you want to call it."

"I thought you said that was just a little short conversation of no importance?" Emma questioned with furrowed brows, remembering the conversation they'd had in Neverland when she first found out Killian and Odette had met before.

Ignoring the dramatic pirate sitting across from her as he feigned being wounded by the revelation, Odette elaborated on what she'd said in the past. "In regard to us or true love or whatever, that's true. But it wasn't of no importance for me." She pointed out, eyes glancing to Killian for a moment as he spoke, now growing more serious as he listened to her speak.

"How so?"

"You suggesting sailing me away from all my trouble and burdens made me realize it's time to go back home." She explained, eyes looking to Emma as she reminded her goddaughter of the result of that decision. "And because of that I was there when you were born. I was there to help your father get you through the wardrobe. If our interaction is different, if I don't make the decision I did..."

Whenever he thought of it before, be it after coming to Storybrooke or during the long days out at sea, Killian never thought their short interaction had any impact on her. After all, she hadn't taken him up on his offer. Only now was he realizing just how much it changed things for her. And knowing how important that decision was for her own future, Killian soon reached out to take her hand and gave it a small squeeze. "Trust me love, it won't be." He said knowingly. Even if he remembered her, something told him it would only make him more eager to extend his offer.

The reassurance made Odette give out a small sigh as she debated the situation one last time before finally giving a small nod as she accepted the task. "Okay." She announced, starting to pull of her cloak as Killian glanced back to make sure it would all work out fine one last time.

By the time he looked back, he was entirely confused by what was going on. "Wait. What are you doing?" He questioned as he caught sight of Odette undoing the top laces of her corset.

"Making sure he stays occupied." She said in a simple tone, as if it were the most obvious thing.

"Shouldn't be difficult. We all know you're his type." Emma teased, making Aramis chuckle while Killian glared her way. Odette entirely ignored the taunt as she started to rise from the table once she deemed herself ready.

However, she didn't get too far before Killian stood too and she found him blocking her path to his... other his table. "Odette, that man sitting there, you don't know him." He warned, taking a small pause as he started to question this plan. But in the end, he knew it was their best chance. "Just be careful." Still, he felt compelled to add one more warning.

"You forget, I've already met that man. Both the bad and the good part." Odette pointed out with a small smile. "The part that was kind to me even if he didn't know me." Yes, perhaps this version of him was more alike to the man she'd met when he first came to Storybrooke. But that was the same man she'd met in the Enchanted Forest, and he'd never given her reason to be fearful.

"I never said he was stupid." Killian pointed out with a small smile of his own, the flirtatious comment making Odette give out a small laugh as she looked up at him.

"I'll be fine." She said confidently before walking past him and off further towards the centre of the tavern and where the past version of Killian occupied one of the tables surrounded by his friends and other women. Killian remained standing, watching her as she walked with confidence and what he didn't doubt was her best smile even if he couldn't see it.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were jealous." Emma's voice had his eyes turning back to his two remaining companions, rolling his eyes at the smirk on the blonde's face.

"Now there's a curious oddity. Jealous of yourself." Aramis too found the entire situation rather amusing, both he and Emma laughing at their own words while Killian only glared in their direction.

"Let's get on with it."