45

Odette stood with Ruby and Belle as many gathered together to say goodbye to Archie one last time

Odette stood with Ruby and Belle as many gathered together to say goodbye to Archie one last time. With the investigation into his death done, there was nothing left but to hold a funeral. They stood together; hands intertwined as they listened to Mary Margaret speak.

"Some of us knew him as Archie, others as Jiminy, but we all knew him as a true friend. And though he may now be gone he will always live on inside of us, reminding us to be our best selves. To do the right thing, to always fight for what we believe in." She fought her own tears and cracking voice as she spoke, a sad smile painted on her face. "So, we shouldn't think of today as goodbye, just as a way of saying, Archie we'll be listening."

Odette removed her hand from Belle's hold for a moment, wiping away a small tear that had slipped down her cheek and blinking away any more of them. She wanted to stay strong, for Snow, and Henry, and Ruby. To let them lean on her instead she herself having to lean on others.

As Snow finished, stepping away and returning to her husband's side who enveloped her in a comforting hug, many started to disperse as the funeral came to an end. However, others, stepped forward, wanting a moment to say their own goodbyes. Geppetto was among the first, kneeling down by the tombstone as he settled Archie's umbrella on it.

Odette let him finish before stepping away from Belle and Ruby and towards the grave herself. Kneeling down she spoke in a low voice. "I never really thanked you, for helping me and listening to me. I'm sorry about that." She said, ignoring the way her vision got blurry for a few moments as she spoke. "So, thank you. And I promise, I'll take all the advice you gave me. I'll listen."

Even after the funeral, many gathered again in Mary Margaret and Emma's apartment, wanting to stay together as they remembered their friend and confidant

Even after the funeral, many gathered again in Mary Margaret and Emma's apartment, wanting to stay together as they remembered their friend and confidant. The loft was abuzz with chatter as food was shared between them. However, while many of them stuck to the kitchen and the living room, Henry had clearly isolated himself, still grieving both the loss of his friend and the knowledge of his mother's betrayal.

"Well, that went well." Emma said in a dejected tone as she walked back towards the crowd after checking on the boy and attempting to get him to eat some food. It was clear that she wasn't sure what else to do in an attempt to make him feel better.